Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Community!

Sigma-Draconis

You've made an incredible game.  And I love that you've started to include some communal components to help advance the games longevity and improve the social aspects of the game.  

BUT WE WANT MORE! 

I've heard you guys say that you're reluctant to introduce things like trading and auction houses because.. well it seems like just because you don't want to.. but I think the people playing your game really want this.  

As fun as the game play is, the community and rewards are what keep people coming back.  Introducing trading would keep players excited about interesting drops they acquire duplicates of.  As it is, I (personally) think: "Oh, nice a rare mod!" (often followed by) "Oh, I already have this one."  But if I knew I could trade that or sell it to another player,  I'm still excited about the rarity/value.  Even continuing to add new items won't solve this, because (as has happened) if I run a map over and over again just to get a final component or piece of equipment, NOT getting that equipment after a 4th -5th run is going to be incredibly frustrating.  But if I figure, I can trade this to buy that, or trade for it outright.. No big deal if I don't get that chasis blueprint my 4th time through.  I'll just buy or trade for it.  

I'M SURE on some level you're worried about losing capital in this way.  But in the long wrong, a happy and continuing user base is gonna create a lot more profit. 

Other communal aspects that I'd like to see: 

- A planet or base to commune other users -- not just my clan. 

- MORE AVATARS.. Or just make the avatar look like my frame.  (I don't even get why this isn't standard.)

- An indicator of who's talking over voice 

- A more obvious chat room.. as it is: "Oh, is that a chat room?" or "Oh yeah, theres a chat room."  

- Indicators when a friend or teammate signs in.  Not just a blinking "Contacts Button" -- Put it in my face.  But should be be disablable 

- Ways to join a group (could be by level) of players BEFORE selecting a mission.  Can chat and discuss objectives, strat, etc. 

- More frame customization -- color, gender.  I know these have been mentions before, but I mention it here, because allowing frames to LOOK different adds to the community feel.. the diversity of the game.  

Again, some of these things are cutting into your immediate profit (not mentioned the ridiculously high cost of Platinum..) but don't short change us.  The danger in continuing to ONLY conceptualize this as a Co-op game, without a strong community won't stand the test of time.  Once we've "beaten the game" once or twice, built a couple frames, and tried all guns we like, what else are we supposed to do if it isn't our friends and community drawing us back in.  A great game is a start (and you have that) but it's the community that keeps people coming back... and keeps those of us with (semi) disposable incomes wanting to invest in something I know I'll play for a while.   

Gaming communities can be incredibly loyal and generous given a continuously engaging platform and world.  But when things are so limited, disconnected, restricted, and expensive, users get bored and are on to the next thing. 

When're those new consoles coming out again? 

Edited by Sigma-Draconis

DE said, that customizable genders are not an option. We will get opposite sex frames, but they'll have different set of skills, only the main theme will remain the same.

For example we got female fire frame - Ember - and we'll get male fire frame - let's say Blaze, with abilities like... Immolation, Fire Wave, Burning Trail and Fire Storm.

However, I like your ideas. Those are definitely the things, that DE need to work on.

I've read that and I think it's an arbitrary restriction. Why not? 

Why couldn't a male Tenno be a Mag?  If they were character types, I'd kind of get it.  But they are suits.  And we build the suits.  And we are the Tennos!

So if my Tenno puts on a different suit his/her gender changes?  And I can't build a suit to a certain gender?  What sense does that make?  It isn't consistent with their own lore.  A being/species in a suit - and the suit is sexed, but not the being in it?

<<emphatic headscratch!>>

Why not just pick a sex at the outset..  And your warframes just fit whatever gender you've chosen. 

I mean how baddass would a female Excalibur be?  But she can't be an Excalibur because the warframes are apparently sexist. <kinda jk> 

:-P 

Edited by Sigma-Draconis

I also don't like the fact, that you can't pick the gender of your frame (it was planned, in the first trailer you can see female Excalibur. Besides Nyx got body of female Cal.). But I guess, that that means less money for DE. New set of frames of opposite gender means more people spending plat to buy them, to buy slots, potatos, etc.