The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On De's Insistence On Using Rng In Everything (Including Survival)

Nubsawce

As far as survival goes, I disagree.

I don't understand why ppl can't grasp the simple  idea of farming the tanks in the first 15min while the enemy are still easy, and that camp tactics will not get you a high survival time. Me and group friends figured it out and have no trouble keeping the oxygen at 90%+ until the 40min mark since at point making sure we have oxygen is the least of our worries and at times joke about how hard it is to aim in certain directions because of all the green waypoints(they were REALLY a problem at times).

Here are some tips if this mode come back in the future: pretty basic

- O2 tanks dropped by enemies don't disappear 

- Enemies respawn instantly letting you quickly build up a reserve

- You don't NEED to pick up tanks if you are sitting above 90% save them for later, even more so at 100% <--it just gets me when I see some random picking up every canister in sight even the O2 is pegged at 100%

- move around the map, go to them and don't let them come to you(but don't try to be rambo).

I've already responded to this and clarified that I was solo for those survival matches.

Additionally, this is mostly irrelevant to the point of this thread. This thread is about poor use of RNG.

As far as your tips go, I did not waste any oxygen and stood around the central area of the map. I never camped and never wasted oxygen pickups (never overkilled 100%).

You should probably check your superior attitude as well, seeing as you didn't even understand my post it seems. Or you just didn't read much of it. "I don't understand why ppl can't grasp the simple idea" of figuring out my post's point. The point is, RNG makes me fail this if I do everything right.

_____

Totally random note: I went online and got a 23 minute time so I do have the Strun Wraith unlock completed now.

Punishing solo players is another thing I should probably make a topic about, but I don't know if it will really help. The oxygen mechanic, beyond being RNG, also just puts a ceiling on possible solo survival times.

Why get so frustrated about something so trivial. I can see the frustration when it comes to getting that one specific mod or part you still need, but in cases like this random drops don't even really influence the game. Yes it's random so that means sometimes you get less, and sometimes you get more drops. Over a period of 20 minutes  that always averages out, and it's NOT like you'll be having fewer drops for so long that the oxygen level could possibly reach lvl 0. AT LEAST NOT with RNG as the cause, however that 13-16 minutes limit you can't seem to pass is roughly around the time where the enemies get strong enough that some players can no longer instakill them. That means more time needed to kill them, less dead enemies and less drops. That decrease in oxygen drops has got nothing to do with randomness of the drops but is simply caused by the enemies getting stronger.

Change your tactics from defensive to offensive. The most important thing for this event is to have a damage output as high as possible. If you kill enemies twice as fast, you get twice as many drops, and you'll die five times less as a bonus.

You've chosen the worst possible example to complain about RNG, as after hundreds and hundreds of drops the total amount is completely averaged out.

Edited by CWSilk

As far as survival goes, I disagree.

I don't understand why ppl can't grasp the simple  idea of farming the tanks in the first 15min while the enemy are still easy, and that camp tactics will not get you a high survival time. Me and group friends figured it out and have no trouble keeping the oxygen at 90%+ until the 40min mark since at point making sure we have oxygen is the least of our worries and at times joke about how hard it is to aim in certain directions because of all the green waypoints(they were REALLY a problem at times).

Here are some tips if this mode come back in the future: pretty basic

- O2 tanks dropped by enemies don't disappear 

- Enemies respawn instantly letting you quickly build up a reserve

- You don't NEED to pick up tanks if you are sitting above 90% save them for later, even more so at 100% <--it just gets me when I see some random picking up every canister in sight even the O2 is pegged at 100%

- move around the map, go to them and don't let them come to you(but don't try to be rambo).

Summing this post up:

"Lol. All of you are noobs and you can't use the most basic tips. Complain when you've done said tips, but there won't be anything to complain about anyway."

You do realize these are simple tips and we're complaining that oxygen still won't drop at times?

Why get so frustrated about something so trivial. I can see the frustration when it comes to getting that one specific mod or part you still need, but in cases like this random drops don't even really influence the game. Yes it's random so that means sometimes you get less, and sometimes you get more drops. Over a period of 20 minutes  that always averages out, and it's NOT like you'll be having fewer drops for so long that the oxygen level could possibly reach lvl 0. AT LEAST NOT with RNG as the cause, however that 13-16 minutes limit you can't seem to pass is roughly around the time where the enemies get strong enough that some players can no longer instakill them. That means more time needed to kill them, less dead enemies and less drops. That decrease in oxygen drops has got nothing to do with randomness of the drops but is simply caused by the enemies getting stronger.

Change your tactics from defensive to offensive. The most important thing for this event is to have a damage output as high as possible. If you kill enemies twice as fast, you get twice as many drops, and you'll die five times less as a bonus.

You've chosen the worst possible example to complain about RNG, as after hundreds and hundreds of drops the total amount is completely averaged out.

You also seem to have failed to read the whole post.

I lose with almost no enemies alive on the map. I am killing a stream of them with kunai and flux rifle. THEY DIE PRETTY FAST.

I'm losing because oxygen is simply not around to pick up. I'm not bad at the game. When I went online and finally got the higher time, I comprised about half of the team's kills with a Frost (this was the infested one), mostly with my weapons.

RNG never has to balance out, either. Or if it has been balancing out, it's been balancing out poorly, because I'm constantly working out of a hole, no matter how fast I kill everything.

Honestly, I don't know why I'm even refuting these posts. They're just either not understanding my point or they're making baseless assertions about my skill level or ability to play "survival".

EVEN IF YOU WERE RIGHT: Survival should not be about getting oxygen. It should be about killing nasty things and living to tell about it. What more do I even need to rightfully complain about the mode?