The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To Those That Want To Answer Questions: Please Read

Dwei-

Question

As happy as I am to see a "Player helping Players" thread, I am somewhat concerned on the sort of replies that the people, that need good and sound advice, are recieving.

When someone asks, "Which [rifle/melee weapon/pistol] is the best based on what i prefer?", most of the responses i see are: "Get the Boltor, it shoots fast." or "Use the Scindo because it can hit a lot of enemies at the same time".

Now think for a moment and ponder this:

What if the advice you gave is incorrect, and that your advice has made that person purchase the blueprint that they will regret?

You have successfully wasted the time, effort, and the trust that they have in the Warframe Community.

Draw comparisons with stats, shot spread, and how certain weapons are better than others in what they can or cannot do.

If you have only used one weapon of a certain type, chances are, you won't be able to suggest the best weapon suited for the questioner.

I'm sorry if I seem to be cruel or have a bad case of superiority syndrome, but I just want people to receive advice that would be beneficial and not harmful.

If you have any questions about the game, I would do my best to answer them to the full potential of my ability.

I do not know everything, but I do have a good understanding of some things about Warframes.

TL;DR Version: Explain and justify your reasons for your answer. If you can't do this in a persuasive play, you haven't played enough to use most of the weapons

Edited by Garuda1

5 answers to this question

While I agree that it's best to be able to explain things in a fairly detailed manner, many of the people asking "make a decision for me please" are not wanting to do the research in the first place. That's why they ask things like "what's the best warframe ??" After all, if they want detailed information, there's the wiki, and the search function to assist them. If they want specific answers, they should ask specific questions.

While I agree that it's best to be able to explain things in a fairly detailed manner, many of the people asking "make a decision for me please" are not wanting to do the research in the first place. That's why they ask things like "what's the best warframe ??" After all, if they want detailed information, there's the wiki, and the search function to assist them. If they want specific answers, they should ask specific questions.

Precisely. However those sort of people post first and then read second.

I just feel its more of a bad scenario when they are given an opinionated response and go off without digging deeper.

We wouldn't want anyone hating Warframe because they messed up on their first crafted weapon!!!

This thread should be useful to player who wants to answer question but i think you should make another for those who wants answers... since those who wants to help answer questions like "which warframe/weapon should I use?" actually need infomation on those who wants help...

if we get a topic only saying which melee should I use and get no information on how he prefers using them then almost all of the answers are going to be fragor/furax...