Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Time and Wave defense changes

Cr1mson21

Hello, 

I think it would be a good idea to set completion defense waves to 5 and survival missions to 5 minutes for alerts and syndicate stuff. I mean they already implemented this into invasion and infestation outbreak missions anyway. Thoughts? (This idea will probably be ignored but whatever, just giving my feedback). 

They reduced it for invasion and outbreak missions due to the fact the playerbase can force it to end extremely quickly and they have to be done multiple times to get rewards so minimizing time spent was necessary. Alerts/syndicates have no such pressure since they are a one off and are meant to be a bit more difficult than a mission of the planets usual missions.

I get your point but then again some alert missions can be finished waaaaay faster. I'm pretty sure anyone would choose a capture mission over a 10 minute survival just to finish an alert. If that's the case then why don't they just shorten it.  

2 minutes ago, Cr1mson21 said:

I get your point but then again some alert missions can be finished waaaaay faster. I'm pretty sure anyone would choose a capture mission over a 10 minute survival just to finish an alert. If that's the case then why don't they just shorten it.  

Because there isn't a reason to. Just because one "can" be completed faster doesn't mean anything really for the sake of alert design. Its not a race in that regard.

I think I'm conscious of my time spent on certain missions and want to be efficient as much as possible since I have a few hours to spare to play the game for a day. The timesink on certain missions doesn't really appeal to me when I get the same reward anyway. Oh well.