The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Prime Weapons Are Worth The Run?

MetaMortred

Question

14 answers to this question

The best melee is Orthos P because Orthos is one of the better melee weapons as standard.

Best ranged for ME, is the Latron P, but thats because I like that kind of gun, if you want more of a machine gun I hear BratonP is pretty damn solid too.

I dont rate the Paris P that highly, but then Im not big on the bows in general

well... considering that each of those weps could be placed in their own categories (ie, full auto rifle, semi auto, light melee, heavy melee), its almost fair to say that each of them are well worth it.

skana prime is sorta crap though.

other than that, just get them all.

Well you want all of them for mastery rank if nothing else.

I don't find Latron Prime to be worth it because the damage isn't high enough. Against mid-high enemies you start needing multiple well aimed shots even with lots of damage mods and you end up in that death spiral of equipping magazine capacity or fire rate/reload speed to fire faster, but then needing more hits because you lost damage...

Orthos Prime is hot. Regular Orthos is a great weapon to have around for doing low level stuff. Nevermind it's stats at the high end, you can argue those forever, the point is you can swing it and one shot a whole lot of lowbies over and over again. Orthose Prime expands this capability with increased base damage. Win.

Paris Prime I have not used, but it is superior in every way to the Paris and Dread as far as I can tell. More damage than the higher damage of the two, using the better damage type of the other.

Reaper Prime I have been told is for doing crit build, which is what you want at the high end where you can't one shot things with base damage anymore. It also staggers well and protects the player from stagger, which is again excellent at the high end of difficulty.

Skana Prime - You can't go get this, you have to buy it with the Founder's pack. I think it's definitely worth it. Right now longswords suck in general, but if you compare longsword stats it's not bad at all comparatively and I've heard they plan to revamp the pros and cons of the less used melee weapon types. Who knows what it'll do then? Don't miss it if you can help it.

Braton Prime - Much ado about nothing. It's the best 'Braton' but it's just bullet damage with numbers about on par with the Dera. I think of it just like the Orthos: Good for looking good while stomping lowbies. I wouldn't go out of my way to get it but it'd be a joy to level so I wouldn't mind if it fell into my lap doing void for someone else.

Fang Prime I really have no idea. Not a big dagger user. Not sure how things are calculated with two damage sources (A charge attack is two small hits instead of one big one) or how good the DPS/Stagger is vs other large weapons. 

Bronco Prime is better damage than the HEK. If you like the HEK go get it RIGHT NOW and use it as your sidearm. It has a shorter falloff, but that hardly matters with your rifle slot free to take a good long range weapon. Not joking. The Bronco Prime has HEK's stats, faster reload, and pistol mods are better damage, multishot, and elemental damage %'s than rifle mods. 

Edited by VKhaun

1: Decent

2: Good

3: Better than original

4. Waste of space

5. Higher tier founder, no idea

6. Decent

7. Slower than original painful to use

8. Semi-Decent.

The skana prime is actually my favorite sword in the game with a good mix of direct damage and crit builds

(Ive seen yellow crits 2k+ and reds 4.5k+)

With the longswords in general being as underwhelming as they are that still makes it the best of a bad bunch so yeah

that's what youre missing out on in terms of skana prime

Edited by Santaphrax

For the melee weapons there isn't much to consider besides the DPS and OrthosP has the absolute best, its only shortcoming is the lack of groundknock with the melee attack.

For the ranged weapons there is more to consider besides DPS, like ammo efficiency and accuracy so you can't really choose the best:

personally, I find all the Broncos and most shotguns useless since melee is a much better option at close range;

between LatronP and BratonP, the first has better ammo efficiency and accuracy while the latter has sizably better DPS and is versatile, I'd say they are both the best "vanilla" weapons in the game, although it gets harder to compare if you start looking at weapons with traveltime, AP and silence.

the ParisP is the best bow and I find the bows to be quite fun and underrated, however it is pointless if you can get a lanka which basically works like a bow, has better DPS and is easier to use.

Edited by CubedOobleck

Orthos Prime is the better version of the Orthos, so depending on if you liked it - personally I didn't like the swing pattern for Infested missions but I use it on Corpus

Braton Prime is one of (if not the) best bullet damage rifles in the game. Latron Prime is less DPS for more accuracy/efficiency.

Bronco Prime is the highest dmg/shot of the pistols and has a higher dps than the acrid for the first 2 seconds, if shooting from close range and into an unarmored or multiplier point. The pellets have a wide spread, but no damage falloff making it semi-viable at longish range against crowds. One trigger pull will shoot 20 pellets >.>

Fang Prime is the highest DPS against Grineer, and Paris Prime is the best bow against Grineer (not saying much, Lanka is better in every way and Dread is better against non-grineer for crit builds)

Reaper Prime is a decent auto-attack weapon, but I prefer Ether Daggers (CQ) or Orthos Prime (AoE) for that role.

I dont have the Sakana and probably wont go looking for it unless guildies need a run.

Edit: Yes I do, I'm a GM. Leveled it to 30 for the mastery points and completely forgot about it.

Edited by Darzk