Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy Console Troubles

Hrodgrim

I am currently playing a mission on Venus, just to kill some time, when a Corpus crewman decided it'd be nice to initiate a lockdown. I shot him dead before he even began the typing animation yet after a few seconds the doors lock anyway. Lockdowns are infuriating enough as it is, but giving us false hope that we may be able to avoid them is just lame.

As a side note, the crewman didn't do the whole "You're on sensors now" thing. He just skipped straight to the lockdown. This all happened in the first room, within ten or so seconds of the mission starting.

My conclusion: It seems that (sometimes?) enemies don't need to finish the animation, they are still able to simply walk by and initiate a lockdown as they did for the longest time.

Edited by Reefermun

No, this was just at the beginning of the mission, there was only a single crewman and a couple moas. I ran up to the console using crewman to kill him, the doors didn't lock until about a second later, about the time it takes for the console animation to finish. There was no other enemy that could initiate lockdown yet.