Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Survival Is To Be A Long Term Game Mode...

aldershot

Someone else had a solution, I forget who, but I won't take credit. They had the idea of having survival be in an arena-type tileset, like the Jackal's for example. My own take on this would be map it similar to this: 

|           |____  |                                 |

|Spawn O___O    JACKAL ARENA   |

|           |           |         (Tenno )          |

|________________|

We would drop through the ceiling of the arena and take on endless enemies pouring out from multiple spawn points. I put in one because, effort, but ideally there would be four, one on each side. Tile functions, like dropping supply crates in the Jackal arena, would still work. As far as trimming the fat goes, it wouldn't take that too far. It would start low and semi-exponentially get harder. As time goes on enemies get stronger and drop less supplies, but better mats. This forces you to conserve whatever drops from the ceiling and whatever drops from lower leveled enemies.

The only problem I have with this game mode replacing Raid, is that Survival is a game mode that encourages you to use all of your Revives in one mission in order to get the best possible time.

For people who've multiple frames on hand, that's great and all. But for the new player who has just one of the starter frames, he's not going to know whether he wants to revive as much as possible to continue going and be sitting on 0 revives for the rest of the day, or just loiter around the Revive screen waiting for his team to fail.

i prefer having oxygen degrading slower then current rate.

drop rate of oxygen is good

mod/resource will to be nerd'd for normal defenses wave to be effective (higher rate there)

ammo drop rate decrease. no point having normal rate as u will be ammo drops everywhere and worst when vban cast vortex on it.(weee flying ammo drop)

The only problem I have with this game mode replacing Raid, is that Survival is a game mode that encourages you to use all of your Revives in one mission in order to get the best possible time.

For people who've multiple frames on hand, that's great and all. But for the new player who has just one of the starter frames, he's not going to know whether he wants to revive as much as possible to continue going and be sitting on 0 revives for the rest of the day, or just loiter around the Revive screen waiting for his team to fail.

or u can get yourself killed and have a mission complete for your reward.

no need to use all your revive, and why do u only think about best possible or highest record time anyway?

How about if normal enemies didn't drop oxygen, but Lotus would drop tanks more frequently to the point where you should never run out if you get all the tanks? That way, the danger of getting oxygen is leaving the snowglobe to run deep into the crowds of level 100+ enemies.

Granted, this really just favors Loki or Ash instead of Frost or Vauban but even then its not flawless; Without Frost, people were dying so much that every time I tried to go get oxygen they'd die again and i'd have to go back and rez.

Edited by Servanin

The bottom line for this is that it's not survival if I have to babysit something else. Really all this survival mode has the potential to be right now is a rehashed variation of defense mode. Instead of watching my cryopod, i've gotta watch my life support system.

All it did was bring back the same frustration people had with defense in a new form. Give me honest to goodness survival to where I pit my skill against massive hordes of enemies, or don't implement it at all.

The bottom line for this is that it's not survival if I have to babysit something else. Really all this survival mode has the potential to be right now is a rehashed variation of defense mode. Instead of watching my cryopod, i've gotta watch my life support system.

All it did was bring back the same frustration people had with defense in a new form. Give me honest to goodness survival to where I pit my skill against massive hordes of enemies, or don't implement it at all.

I think the oxygen actually drives player to kill the enemies and prevents team of four Loki with maxed siphon to troll the AI indefinitely for leader board. As long as the oxygen drops enough like the Corpus/Grineer survival, I see no problem with the oxygen mechanic.

But 

I still want it to relies less on RNG.

Edited by neKroMancer

I think what survival needs is some kind of safe zone a player can move to if they need to go AFK. Obviously you would not gain xp while in this zone. And if all players are in the safe zone a door opens allowing you to get extracted like every other game. In a game mode that could potentially last for hours non stop, you need a way to take a break and end the mission on your terms.

Why so a team of friends can jack up the spawn rate for someone and just sit there.....(like the last events)

You shouldn't be trying to get high times if you're new anyways......duh, You take what you can for the gear you have, call it good and restart.

Edited by ImortalTJones