Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Weapons Testing Course

GasMask8888

I think it would be very helpful if the marketplace had a sort of void key like mission you could activate to go to a testing course where weapons could be tested in a room that is essentially a target course. By void key like mission I am talking about the mechanic like the clan key, except the testing range could be obtainable free from the start or a BP could be purchased in the store and built. I have had too many scenarios where I want to purchase a BP for a weapon and am unsure of if I will enjoy it. I ask others how they enjoy it, watch youtube videos put out by the warframeteam and other players. But you do not really know if you will thoroughly enjoy a weapon until you use it yourself. Of course even this course idea will not really even begin to make you get a feel for the weapon until mods are placed and what not. But it could at least provide a basic feel for if you want to purchase a weapon. Because purchasing a BP building a weapon then playing it and discovering you don't like it is annoying, doing it two or three times before finding a weapon you really like is even worse. I understand it is part of the game to explore new weapons and I understand not all will be the players favorite. But I feel like this weapons testing course concept would really help players discover what they really like before they buy it.

As for appearance I imagined holographic targets setup behind various materials some targets moving, similar to the initiation missions needed to rank up. Except rather than an retna scorching bright white it would be a large room of some sort. This is just a suggestion I would really like to see DE make something of this, Because the ability to test a weapon and find one you enjoy for yourself and without having to buy 50,000 worth of blueprints is a great feeling.

Take my humble suggestion with consideration? -Gas(aka the idiot who built dozens of weapons before he got one he liked)

I think it would be very helpful if the marketplace had a sort of void key like mission you could activate to go to a testing course where weapons could be tested in a room that is essentially a target course. By void key like mission I am talking about the mechanic like the clan key, except the testing range could be obtainable free from the start or a BP could be purchased in the store and built. I have had too many scenarios where I want to purchase a BP for a weapon and am unsure of if I will enjoy it. I ask others how they enjoy it, watch youtube videos put out by the warframeteam and other players. But you do not really know if you will thoroughly enjoy a weapon until you use it yourself. Of course even this course idea will not really even begin to make you get a feel for the weapon until mods are placed and what not. But it could at least provide a basic feel for if you want to purchase a weapon. Because purchasing a BP building a weapon then playing it and discovering you don't like it is annoying, doing it two or three times before finding a weapon you really like is even worse. I understand it is part of the game to explore new weapons and I understand not all will be the players favorite. But I feel like this weapons testing course concept would really help players discover what they really like before they buy it.

As for appearance I imagined holographic targets setup behind various materials some targets moving, similar to the initiation missions needed to rank up. Except rather than an retna scorching bright white it would be a large room of some sort. This is just a suggestion I would really like to see DE make something of this, Because the ability to test a weapon and find one you enjoy for yourself and without having to buy 50,000 worth of blueprints is a great feeling.

Take my humble suggestion with consideration? -Gas(aka the idiot who built dozens of weapons before he got one he liked)

Or maybe something you can build into the dojo, like you said with holograms