Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Event Timer Incorrect!

Jilreign

Hello DE,

I tested the timer with a watch, mobile phone stopwatch and the PCs timer as well. they all showed 2 mins 47s after 1 minute on the in game event timer. This is reflected on my profile as having a 1 hour 53 minute game when in actual fact i watched a movie that was over 2 hours, starting after we went in and finishing before we came out. After we had realised this we let the oxygen bleed out because we were just so bored and didn't want to waste anymore time on a bugged timer.

We had over 400 oxygen tanks still to collect and hadn't used any drops. As i'm sure you can see in file logs and screenshots provided.

Can you please have someone check the actual coding logs and have this corrected to reflect my profile correctly as well as the other 2 members of my group "jayxwhite" and "Wishlah"

Having the timer not server side is clearly a major issue and proved to be how people were able to top the leaderboards with 11 hours after only 7-8 hours of the event starting.

Here is a shot of 96:41, the timestamp is 02:07:53
http://i40.tinypic.com/2dlw4fb.jpg
Here is a screenshot of the game where it shows 110:51, this screenshot has a timestamp of 02:38:58
http://i40.tinypic.com/2czc0m1.jpg
Thats a 31minute difference, but the time only shows a difference of 14mins. This is a HUGE flaw

I've also saved the log file if you would like a copy of it.

Edited by Raegmoar13

If they were to check and fix your profile times, then they would have to do it for everyone and I don't see that happening.

In the end the timer being off doesn't really affect anyone because it is the same for everyone.

you clearly don't care what your time is but some of us do and would like it to reflect correctly. comments like yours are just ridiculous, and who says it is the exact same for everyone? Did you read the part where people had 11 hour times when in actual fact the survival event hadn't even been going 11 hours? This is the opposite problem to what we had.

you clearly don't care what your time is but some of us do and would like it to reflect correctly. comments like yours are just ridiculous, and who says it is the exact same for everyone? Did you read the part where people had 11 hour times when in actual fact the survival event hadn't even been going 11 hours? This is the opposite problem to what we had.

That was obviously an exploit and those times were removed.

That was obviously an exploit and those times were removed.

You just don't read do you.... The timer is clearly client side, hence it can be change. Which also means that lag affects it as well. It only takes one person in the party to have either fps or latency lag and the timer goes haywire. But hey, you must be one of those know it all guys who must be right all the time so yeh, i'm totally wrong and out fo line for reporting this to the developers during a BETA Test. 

Shouldn't expect much more from someone who only achieved 21minutes thoguh i guess, my bad.

Edited by Raegmoar13

You just don't read do you.... The timer is clearly client side, hence it can be change. Which also means that lag affects it as well. It only takes one person in the party to have either fps or latency lag and the timer goes haywire. But hey, you must be one of those know it all guys who must be right all the time so yeh, i'm totally wrong and out fo line for reporting this to the developers during a BETA Test. 

Shouldn't expect much more from someone who only achieved 21minutes thoguh i guess, my bad.

You are correct that this is an issue that should be resolved, but I don't see what his in-game performance has to do with anything.

This community does not need to become any more toxic than it already is.

honestly i don't care about the time ,

but yea it has been "issue" for a long time, surprised you haven't notice by playing kappa or kiste or any mobile defence with laggy host, when there is 1 minute left to protect the terminal or the pod and in real life it takes 3-5 minutes because of the laggy host :)

i've never had a laggy host thankfully, i play with friends and we all have great internet/pcs. sadly though with over 1000 objects on the ground and probably 100 enemies going ballistic at the approx 3 hour mark we were at we all got a little fps laggy

You are correct that this is an issue that should be resolved, but I don't see what his in-game performance has to do with anything.

This community does not need to become any more toxic than it already is.

his clear "i dont care so you shouldnt" attitude which is clearly from his inept abilities is what it has to do with it. but yes, i agree, i shouldn't stoop to that level as well.

I am far from a know it all and I am quite often wrong.

But I was involved in a conversation earlier with some quite smart people and the conclusion was that the timer was more or less reliable across the player base. And I will admit I don't really care if my recorded time is accurate down to the last second since I am not competing for anything, but I understand there are those that like that sort of thing.

I also love that you judge me inept by a score and not knowing any of the details surrounding it.

Edited by Silraed