Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could we get the functionality to scale missions for four players when playing solo or with smaller group

Sdesser

Heya.

TL;DR I'd like to be able to go into missions alone or with one friend and still be able to have the same number/difficulty of enemies as if there were four of us.

In games where killing tons of mobs (=monster/enemy) for loot is kind of the main point, the importance of mob density is incredibly important for efficient farming. Also, there are builds that are complemented or completely rely on having high mob density (Nidus, Nova, Saryn etc.)

Sometimes I just want to go in a mission to farm something and I'd rather do it solo or maybe with one friend. While we can do this, it's inefficient compared to bringing just any random player through the public game setting, because there will be less enemies. In Diablo 2 for example, you could simply input a command in the chat window to scale the game to any number of players you wanted (within predetermined limits of course) and I loved that. Could we have that feature in Warframe? Of course there's a million and one ways to handle the UI / input side of things for the setting, but I think the basic concept of the idea is clear from the post.

*Edit: Changed the title to be more clear. Basically, asking if it's possible to have the option to scale a mission difficulty (mob density etc.) to match what it would be with four players, even if I'm in there solo or with one to two friends.

Edited by Sdesser
Clarification

6 minutes ago, Silentsintheday said:

........there are solo and invite/friend only options to do missions

Your response has nothing to do with what I wrote.

TL;DR I'd like to be able to go into missions alone or with one friend and still be able to have the same number/difficulty of enemies as if there were four of us.

Edited by Sdesser

6 minutes ago, hellodownthere said:

would be great for solo survival

Yup. Remembered the mechanic while I was trying to farm Neural Sensors late night/early morning and there was nobody online - needed just two of 'em to start crafting Volt Prime. Went in solo as Nekros and the mob density was just horrible. This was a thing in Diablo 2 for example. You could simply input "/players X" as a chat command to activate it. X was a value between one and eight and the game would just scale the current game session to that player count. Hopefully this is something that is easy to implement and DE is willing to give us the option.