Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Growing List Of Bs: Rollers/grinders

SpiderWaifu

Satan's Pet's hamster ball.

1) They've got damage reduction. Armor piercing doesn't effect them.

2) They spawn alot.

3) They're fast.

4) They cannot be slowed or stunned.

5) Tiny hit boxes. Good luck using melee, let alone shooting them.

Any other shenanigans these things have?

I have said this before, and I will say this again: no matter how easy you think these little monsters are to kill, at no point are they any -FUN- to kill. All they do is cause you to either stop what you're doing, hop on a box and shoot them all, or somehow pull some mad skillshots on these heavily damage-reducing tiny targets moving at high speed and bouncing into the air. Unless you use a shotgun. Then it's less of a nightmare.

Even so, at no point do I ever appreciate the difficulty given by these rollers. At no point do I have fun getting stunned in games. At no point is anything a roller does interesting or worth experiencing. Their entire concept is nothing but frustration.

Don't even try to do some sort of "madbad mad cuz bad" argument over this. Tell me what's fun about them. Seriously. They're not even gratifying to kill like the soldiers are. They just make a tiny explosion and disappear.

All you do is evade them once then follow them while shooting or swinging downward.

And i believe with the heavy weapons you can just keep swinging in their general direction because the attack animation doesnt get interrupted.

This is assuming you don't have other Grineer to deal with. As usually I've got Lancers shooting at me, Grinders just become ridiculous. They attack you, end up BEHIND you, turn on a dime, and attack AGAIN. If there is more then one, you're really screwed. My current strategies for dealing with Grinders are A) RUN AWAY, but that is only so effective because these things are so fast that they'll catch up to you and B) Use a power like slash dash. I guess you could add C) Get on top of a box if one is nearby. They are simply far too annoying of an enemy to fight and I'm someone who has defended the infected Chargers against others who say they need to be nerfed. I find stunlock effects annoying, but with chargers there is a number of viable strategies I can use, Grinders are just too frustrating/annoying.

It is just amazing that out of all the weaponry the Grineer field the thing my super-tough-and-highly-mobile-space-ninja fears the most is a rolling ball robot thing. -_-

As a rhino with a Fragor whenever I encounter them I hit iron skin (so I take no damage from the grineer nearby) and quite literally just start spamming my melee attacks till it dies. It's kind of amusing, Corpus used to be my least favorite race to fight, but recently I actually prefer to fight them compared to infected and grineer.

After update 6:

Charger turns from a low hp sandbag into a maddog, very impressive but not the most.

The stupid noisy light armour chainsaw man turns into a perfect killer machine, nice work Grineer, you deserve a medal!

Grineer had invented such ultimate killer machine I can foresee the day they give up all troopers and put grinders instead. (palmface)

Grinders will find you and they will kill you.

This is assuming you don't have other Grineer to deal with. As usually I've got Lancers shooting at me, Grinders just become ridiculous. They attack you, end up BEHIND you, turn on a dime, and attack AGAIN. If there is more then one, you're really screwed. My current strategies for dealing with Grinders are A) RUN AWAY, but that is only so effective because these things are so fast that they'll catch up to you and B) Use a power like slash dash. I guess you could add C) Get on top of a box if one is nearby. They are simply far too annoying of an enemy to fight and I'm someone who has defended the infected Chargers against others who say they need to be nerfed. I find stunlock effects annoying, but with chargers there is a number of viable strategies I can use, Grinders are just too frustrating/annoying.

It is just amazing that out of all the weaponry the Grineer field the thing my super-tough-and-highly-mobile-space-ninja fears the most is a rolling ball robot thing. -_-

That was asuming you are wise enough NOT to get into a battle with these things when there are others around.

You have to run away or else you are going to killed by everything else while these things keep staggering you.

I have said this before, and I will say this again: no matter how easy you think these little monsters are to kill, at no point are they any -FUN- to kill. All they do is cause you to either stop what you're doing, hop on a box and shoot them all, or somehow pull some mad skillshots on these heavily damage-reducing tiny targets moving at high speed and bouncing into the air. Unless you use a shotgun. Then it's less of a nightmare.

Even so, at no point do I ever appreciate the difficulty given by these rollers. At no point do I have fun getting stunned in games. At no point is anything a roller does interesting or worth experiencing. Their entire concept is nothing but frustration.

Don't even try to do some sort of "madbad mad cuz bad" argument over this. Tell me what's fun about them. Seriously. They're not even gratifying to kill like the soldiers are. They just make a tiny explosion and disappear.

This pretty much sums it up.

The devs need to take a serious look at the whole knockdown/stagger thing, including the Infected. Corpus are currently my favorite faction, simply because they have almost no stagger and no knock down at all.

This pretty much sums it up.

The devs need to take a serious look at the whole knockdown/stagger thing, including the Infected. Corpus are currently my favorite faction, simply because they have almost no stagger and no knock down at all.

Don't even get me started on the stagger-happy enemy designers.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/10052-the-next-enemy-in-warframe/#entry80501

i can state this as fact, wether its actually a thing or not i cant tell,

Akboltos SOMETIMES armor pierce them and can instantly destroy them, i only notice this sometimes, i think there might actually be a weakspot cause when i shoot them they usually do like 8 damage but SOMETIMES, it does 50 and blows them up instantly. i cannot say wether this is a bug or suppose to happen

Do Grinders still exist? After the Valentines Day update it seemed to me at least that they've been replaced by Seekers, who deploy balls that look a lot like Grinders but instead latch on to you and explode and these die from one hit :/ Or maybe i just haven't encountered Grinders yet after the update?

I don't mind the rollers, I actually like them. They add variety to an otherwise &*$$genous army of Grineer. Most Grineer grunts will find cover and shoot, a few shield units will require only a moment of concentration. The heavy units demand some focused damage but are otherwise straight forward. The rollers add a new dynamic, they encourage me to keep moving because they are fast and mobile. It is also a perfectly logical weapon for the Grineer to use - get some hamster-balls rolling in there to flush out the Tenno so they can lay down their own fire.

That said I have never felt overwhelmed by them; I have not had any problems with being 'stagger-locked' or anything by a swarm of rollers, and their damage is not so devastating that I will be one-shot by a stray roller.

The community asked for more enemies, more content, and to make the game more challenging. DE responded in kind. This sounds like whining to me.

I enjoy these enemies, although I can see how the stagger might frustrate players. That being said, I've had no difficulty taking them down with boltor, snipetron, or aklato fire. Once in awhile, I'll find myself chain staggered for a few seconds, but that's always a result of my own impatience and/or carelessness; and it's not particularly difficult to roll out of the sequence.

This game has few fast enemies, and it'd be a shame to lose the grinders (or see them nerfed into oblivion) because players haven't yet acclimatized.

I enjoy these enemies, although I can see how the stagger might frustrate players. That being said, I've had no difficulty taking them down with boltor, snipetron, or aklato fire. Once in awhile, I'll find myself chain staggered for a few seconds, but that's always a result of my own impatience and/or carelessness; and it's not particularly difficult to roll out of the sequence.

This game has few fast enemies, and it'd be a shame to lose the grinders (or see them nerfed into oblivion) because players haven't yet acclimatized.

The grinders can stay, and they can remain as a threat, I don't mind that at all. Notice how staggering wasn't in my list of BS?

The 5 things I listed when together, make them a pain to kill sometimes, especially the damage reduction.

Grinders are just too frustrating/annoying.

LMAOOOOO, SERIOUSLY. I dislike them very much and there is no satisfaction in taking them out. At least when you chop chop a trooper, you see the giblets fly everywhere :3

stand on a box and waıt for them to come close to you and then use ur aoe skıll. and BAM :P

and somtımes when u stand on a box. they stand stıll beneath u. so u can kıll them easıly becoz they dont move.

Edited by zikkim