The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Growing List Of Bs: Rollers/grinders

SpiderWaifu

The grinders can stay, and they can remain as a threat, I don't mind that at all. Notice how staggering wasn't in my list of BS?

The 5 things I listed when together, make them a pain to kill sometimes, especially the damage reduction.

I think that those five things are required if they're to remain a threat. Without damage reduction, maneuverability, and relatively high speeds, you'll be looking at another grineer powerfist/sawfist situation: enemies that serve only as cannon fodder. How threatening would they be if quick passes with hitscan assault rifles or pistols (and the inevitable armour piercing mods) killed them? Or if they were slowed?

Not very.

Also, I find that they spawn relatively rarely and that they're simple to shoot. Whether you agree with the latter point comes down to experience and skill, but I believe you'll find them significantly less challenging after a few weeks experience.

The rolling sticky bombs are amusing until you get one on your heel and don't notice it. At one point I had a few Grineer that really loved throwing them, ended up with 5 after me at one time. At one point I just said to heck with it and let them stick, then sprinted to the Grineer that launched them, rolled once and ran like mad while they exploded on their masters.

Haven't encountered the taser balls yet.

stand on a box and waıt for them to come close to you and then use ur aoe skıll. and BAM :P

and somtımes when u stand on a box. they stand stıll beneath u. so u can kıll them easıly becoz they dont move.

Sometimes there aren't any boxes.

And some frames don't have AOE skills that can do that. Volt's Overload is way overkill for something like that, and I don't really see Excal's Radial Javelin or Radial Blind helping. Loki's ulti? Probably no effect either.

Sure there are more frames, but these three are the most common.

And stunlock? I think the devs have stopped emphasizing that. Now they just straight off immobilize you. Those electrocuting seeker things....

The new Seekers are HORRIBLE. I had some &#! join my game, then afk for 5 minutes. About 2 minutes in one of those seekers started rolling balls. I killed the ball, killed him but his friend that somehow spawned behind me rolled one and oh look I'm TOTALLY LOCKED while this jackass is standing probably 5 meters away doing nothing. Jackass + badly designed new mechanic = ruined mission. If I had it on solo I would have lived because they only deal damage in solo. Thanks for that devs. At least let us button mash if we get stuck with teammates that totally dont help (or in my case.. just afk on you)?

I have said this before, and I will say this again: no matter how easy you think these little monsters are to kill, at no point are they any -FUN- to kill. All they do is cause you to either stop what you're doing, hop on a box and shoot them all, or somehow pull some mad skillshots on these heavily damage-reducing tiny targets moving at high speed and bouncing into the air. Unless you use a shotgun. Then it's less of a nightmare.

Even so, at no point do I ever appreciate the difficulty given by these rollers. At no point do I have fun getting stunned in games. At no point is anything a roller does interesting or worth experiencing. Their entire concept is nothing but frustration.

Don't even try to do some sort of "madbad mad cuz bad" argument over this. Tell me what's fun about them. Seriously. They're not even gratifying to kill like the soldiers are. They just make a tiny explosion and disappear.

This

I don't mind the rollers, I actually like them. They add variety to an otherwise &*$$genous army of Grineer. Most Grineer grunts will find cover and shoot, a few shield units will require only a moment of concentration. The heavy units demand some focused damage but are otherwise straight forward. The rollers add a new dynamic, they encourage me to keep moving because they are fast and mobile. It is also a perfectly logical weapon for the Grineer to use - get some hamster-balls rolling in there to flush out the Tenno so they can lay down their own fire.

That said I have never felt overwhelmed by them; I have not had any problems with being 'stagger-locked' or anything by a swarm of rollers, and their damage is not so devastating that I will be one-shot by a stray roller.

The community asked for more enemies, more content, and to make the game more challenging. DE responded in kind. This sounds like whining to me.

^This. Grinders follow a pretty predoctable path. When they miss, they tend to go at you in a straight line. Also, they're easy to melee when they jump right at you, as long as you have a melee mod or two you should be able to one shot them.

+1 to jumping on a box. also, rough turrain locks them. as the greneer mission become more of the mining tiles and less corpus, they will be far less effective as they will have to deal with odd bumps and rocks. something the tenno love to see. they are also trying to encourage players to use more of the wal running abilities, jumps, flips and so on.

also team work! when my friends and i are playing, we try to all stay in the same room and move as a group, but as spread out as possible. although we often hate these things, we just yell "BALLS!" (both meanings implied) and one,two or three of the other's shoots them while one draws the agro (often me cause im the most tanky). I'll need to see if radial blind works on them.

they were a nice change with 6, for me, cause the greneer were so easy before that. it would be nice if there was more satisfaction for killing them. maybe they could have better drops?!

i try to swing down at them, and the whole side step thing, but that and the side step just dont work well. the character tends to side swing, going over the balls entirely.

i just played a game with the taser balls, and i think those are WAY less fun, but i do like the team work encouragement. they wont be bad with people who work togeather. keep an eye on your minimap every chance you get and help out people who have been hit by them (they show up like a dieing tenno, wiht the red cross for a position indicator).

Edited by Juper0

I don't understand the point of these enemies, they are difficult to hit, but honestly they break the flow of the game. I love playing this game, so much that I have spent a nice chunk of money trying to get gear that works for me, but I can't use it if I am always getting stunned. If this isnt changing and this is an enemy we can expect to see and see more often, I may have to jump ship, because this is definitely not a design decision I can get behind.