Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pistol Design "the Adept"

Jabber5

Hi guys,

This is my first post on the Warframe forum. I am open to opinion, but please be respectful.

This is a sidearm of Tenno design with a stress on versatility. When your primary cant get the job done, the Adept most likely can, with the proper handling.

The design is simple actually: A hitscan pistol shotgun that gets more accurate the longer you hold the trigger. At max focus it will fire all the pellets in a straight line; perfectly accurate, and essentially one bullet. The maximum range also goes from short to long. I'm thinking it should take about 1 second to get fully accurate. About halfway into the charge cycle it will start zooming in slightly. At any focus size it will deal 84 base damage.

Base damage: 12 (x 7 pellets/shot)= 84 Type: bullet

Critical chance: 10%

Base magazine size: 4

Fire rate: 1.5 seconds between shots

Reload time: 2.0

Polarity slots: none.

Blueprint:

Blueprint price: 15,000 credits

Requires:

-Bronco x1

-Lex x1

-Orokin cell x1

-Credits x15,000

Pros are the versatility and damage with 0 travel time, and cons are the fire/reload rate and magazine size. The weapon's over/underpowered-ness can be determined by changing the stats and crafting obviously.

Let me know what you guys think

PS: Thanks to the Devs for such an awesome game!!

Edited by Jabber5

Basically, it's like some weapons from Borderlands 2. The accuracy starts out bad but improves as you hold the trigger.

Not the biggest idea ever and surely not exciting but why not.

I agree. It's not a revolutionary design, but I like it. It's a new twist on the weapon choices.

I don't like it. It needs to require 100K nano spores and 50K salvage to build. That way we have to TRY to farm nano spores and salvage.

Speak for yourself, I got that in the bag.

OP - when you say the "longer you hold the trigger" do you mean you can charge up each shot? If so, what kind of charge time would you suggest for 100% accuracy?

Crafting mats are a tad ridiculous. A Bronco and a Lex would be enough on their own, but then you slap on 5 morphics and an orokin cell too? Farming the mats for this weapon would take far more time and credits than any other weapon by far.

Crafting mats are a tad ridiculous. A Bronco and a Lex would be enough on their own, but then you slap on 5 morphics and an orokin cell too? Farming the mats for this weapon would take far more time and credits than any other weapon by far.

I suppose that is quite a lot, maybe you don't need the cell, but it sort of makes sense since the weapon is kind of like a Bronco and Lex combined. Morphics on the other hand I don't have a bad time farming...

Speak for yourself, I got that in the bag.

OP - when you say the "longer you hold the trigger" do you mean you can charge up each shot? If so, what kind of charge time would you suggest for 100% accuracy?

Well, it does "charge up" but I tend not to call it that because the damage doesn't increase. It suggest a 1.0 focus time for the weapon.

Thanks for the feedback, all.

Love the concept, hate the material requirement.

Lex + Bronco + Orokin Cell is already a good requirements, meaning that the crafting system will be like "Dual-wield" weapons.

Adding 500 Rubedos (Or 5 Morphics) are a bit redundant, albeit it'll be reasonable if you ramp up the damage a bit, or the magazine size (4 shots with 78 damage unmodded is a bit low)

Adding 500 Rubes + 5 Morphics, well... That's a bit unforgiving, especially since it's not a research weapon, and with average raw power.

Make the damage around 100 with bigger magazine size if the material requirements are at that range. (Bronco is one of a tough weapon to build too, you know, since it needs Neurodes, lots of them)

If you want to keep the stat, make it much more new-player friendly, with low/mid-tier weapons required E.g. Lex + Kraken + Orokin Cell (Kraken will justify the Adept's shotgun system)

Love the concept, hate the material requirement.

Lex + Bronco + Orokin Cell is already a good requirements, meaning that the crafting system will be like "Dual-wield" weapons.

Adding 500 Rubedos (Or 5 Morphics) are a bit redundant, albeit it'll be reasonable if you ramp up the damage a bit, or the magazine size (4 shots with 78 damage unmodded is a bit low)

Adding 500 Rubes + 5 Morphics, well... That's a bit unforgiving, especially since it's not a research weapon, and with average raw power.

Make the damage around 100 with bigger magazine size if the material requirements are at that range. (Bronco is one of a tough weapon to build too, you know, since it needs Neurodes, lots of them)

If you want to keep the stat, make it much more new-player friendly, with low/mid-tier weapons required E.g. Lex + Kraken + Orokin Cell (Kraken will justify the Adept's shotgun system)

Thanks for the feedback. I had already taken away the rubes, might do so w/ the morphics. I set the damage/mag size at 84/4 because that was halfway between the Lex (70/6) and Bronco (105/2). It seems like people want to up the damage of this thing... That might be a good idea, considering Volt is my main 'frame...