Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

core movement-set animation bug

megazomb

I should probably mention now that, among other things, I am an animator myself; while rarely seen, this animation bug always really bothered me when I am crouched in stealth mode sneaking around.

Interestingly, this has been in the game since closed beta. I always thought it would eventually get fixed but no one has ever noticed, it seems. And I can probably guess why; it’s not seen frequently or apparent if you don’t know what you’re looking for.

Anyway, here is the bug and the conditions to replicate.

The bug: missing unique leg animations for diagonal movement while crouched and deep aiming for 45° left AND its directional opposite – 45° backward-right. The animations currently in use for these movements actually recycle the leg animations for moving diagonal right while crouching & deep-aiming.

To see for yourself on a keyboard, with a pistol or rifle equipped :  

Animation Bug #1: While crouched + deep-aim + W + A
Animation Bug #2: While crouched + deep-aim + S + D

If you don’t have your FOV set higher, or if you don’t have a riven with negative zoom equipped, you’ll likely have to pan the camera down to see your feet. However, you will see right away that the animation being used for these two movements, is using the wrong one(s), and looks very wonky.

Edit: clarified conditions (with pistol & rifle). 

Edited by megazomb