Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survivals are fun and they could be even better.

(PSN)Second_Phase

Ah yes survival, a level where you can test your gear or goof around with a newly found synergy.

Survival missions right now are really fun but there some ideas i had that might make them better.

Having to leave early

Sometimes you have to leave a survival early if you're in a squad. Lets say you're at 35 minutes and the squad wants to go to 40. You ask if you can all leave but they decline.
If survival had the same system of leaving the squad plain of Eidolon had this could fix this issue. Anyone could leave at any time without disrupting the squad.

Timer counting down

Instead of the survival clock counting up, it would count down. How it would work: Before you enter the mission you enter the time you want to go. If you don't want to use this in the game you could still choose the tradition survival clock. There would be an option.

Matchmaking would find players who also set the clock close to yours. 

Timeframe

The same concept as before except you would set the survival clock to a timeframe. You may want to 15- 30 minutes on a survival. Matchmaking will find players within that time frame.

Spawn Rates

Enemies need to spawn heavily like they do in sanctuary onslaught. Not in your face but at the same rate. Sometimes I feel like i'm fighting the life support rather than the enemies because they take awhile to spawn.

Mini events

After being in a survival for 2 hrs or so you get the hang of things. There's no surprise and you've figured out what you have to do to stay alive.
What if every hour or so an event would happen? 

EX: A mini boss announces he is coming for you. (An enemy who is 50 levels above the rest and highly resistant to dmg)
EX: All the enemies turn into one type of unit for the next 5 minutes. 
EX:A ring on the map appears that shows where there's a bonus loot drop, dmg boost, or infinite life support drops. (Stay inside the ring to receive bonus. Last 5 minutes)

The End.

Hope yall like some of my ideas/concepts I had for my favorite game mode. Feel free to critique.

One of my main gripes with survival is that unlike defence/interception players cant choose to leave when they want, allowing players to stay or leave at their choosing would be a nice QOL improvement to survival for me, it would mean one or two could leave and the other players could stay as long as they want without being force-exited from the mission.