Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Mission Life Support Limitations

Chutoro

If I remember correctly I heard that survival will be implemented as a mission type after the event? I love them, and I didn't think there was anything that could top defense missions in my book.

The only real issue my friends and I have encountered while playing with other people is that sometimes players don't quite get the concept of the large life support containers that Lotus sends and activate them right away, despite the oxygen level being anywhere from 90% to 100%. This can be solved with a little explanation and communication through chat, but the main issue was the several players we encountered who would immediately activate larger life support as they arrived purposefully to "troll" or agitate other players. It would be helpful if perhaps a little message saying something like "oxygen levels too full" or something of the like would appear to clear things up for such players.

Something similar could also be handy for the smaller green canisters, as me and my friends are prone to mass enemy slaughtering and eventually navigating the field to try and avoid wasting canisters while at 100% becomes similar to a minefield.

Nonetheless, I don't know if many other people have encountered this issue, it may be that me and my friends just ran into some bad luck, and survival missions are still extremely entertaining and exciting

Could they make the Oxygen bar simply go over 100%? I mean, the amount of oxygen in the air is a physical amount, not a percentage; it's not like you'd open a small canister at 99% and then 2/3 of the canister just vanishes, right?

Edited by Onihikage

people are simply dump, and even worse when can't respond with proper english.

Oh, the irony.

Anyway, yeah, there should be something that tells people when is it a good idea to use the capsules; i.e. not when the oxygen is above 80% or when there are a lot of oxygen pickups available. Even better make it not usable when those conditions are met.

Also, that you can have several capsules at the same time on the map.

Edited by akaSM

Could they make the Oxygen bar simply go over 100%? I mean, the amount of oxygen in the air is a physical amount, not a percentage; it's not like you'd open a small canister at 99% and then 2/3 of the canister just vanishes, right?

Physically, that makes the most sense. Unless maybe the oxygen sent down to alpha team can't exceed a certain amount, like if they have a set volume of oxygen they can carry at one time. Also, slightly unrelated note, but we had a good run the other day, if I remember correctly. we did just fine without a nova, frost, or vauban, haha.

People really just don't get it, and I'm hoping they aren't purposefully trolling when they activate the big canisters or pick up all the oxygen drops when we're floating around 95%. Its an added challenge when the oxygen starts dropping like mad and you have to avoid picking it up, and I think that's ok for the survival gametype. maybe they should add a tooltip or something when you're about to activate the big canisters, something as simple as "restores 20% of total oxygen," just so people know. when the first mission came out on friday, it was unclear what the canisters did, we just knew it would restore some amount. we also didn't know how much the small containers restored. that was an interesting experience, going in blind to a mission. I hope DE adds more interesting mission types like this. I also wonder how they'll handle survival missions when they replace raids, because generally, in a normal mission, you just want to complete it and get out. unless of course there's a nice reward for holding out longer. they should add rewards at certain times. or maybe just every ten minutes, with the rewards getting better and better. maybe not like in defense missions, where they give you the option to leave, possibly leaving your team shorthanded, but maybe just dropping a supply crate with mods/bp's every ten minutes or so