Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Controller support broken with 23.10

theslynx

This is for the Steam version. Prior to this update, everything worked swimmingly. Now, the game simply doesn't recognise controllers at all unless they're set up via Steam overlay.

When they are, it simply refuses to carry out some actions. For example, despite having triple-checked my reload mapping in-game and via Steam, I simply cannot reload manually. (I also can't swap powers, enter the gear menu, use the menu correctly in-game, or sprint.) Other functions seem to have randomly remapped themselves; pressing the right stick now fires weapons, even though I have not set that function to the right stick in any menu. The sticks also seem to respond not to controller sensitivity adjustments, but only to mouse sensitivity adjustments.

I have checked controller function in three other games, both using the Steam overlay and via native support. All work as expected.

This is frustrating.

Edit: I think what's happening is that the game isn't 'mode-switching' correctly with the Steam overlay any longer. E.g. instead of using 'Game' when I'm playing a mission and 'Launcher,' when I'm on desktop, it's just using the 'Launcher' setting all the time, and so nothing works.

Edit 2: Spent the day attempting fixes. Reinstalled drivers, made new Steam controller profiles, verified cache, redownloaded the game, tossed out all my config files, flipped off background processes, restrated PC. Nothing. Played another game for a bit, reloaded Warframe on a whim, and now everything works except analogue sticks and melee mode. Forcing Steam to treat sticks as a mouse and keyboard works, but that in turn breaks aim assist and makes aiming feel off. Melee mode just doesn't do anything.

Edited by theslynx
additional info