Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Are Credits?! Buying Resources For Credits...

CONSTITUTION

Since survival coming soon, this wont be a problem anymore.

Fair enough. I don't see it changing that much, though. ED and Survival are functionally the same in that they provide a boatload of mods with almost no credit gain and we're still swimming in credits.

In all seriousness though, credits are a bit weird. Resources replace the standard RPG drops, so instead of churning out piles of "vendor trash" we get to pick what we want and build it, but then why do we have generic currency? We can't really buy the store stuff like we would in Diablo or what-have-you but here we are with huge piles of credits. The ability to buy resources, even at a steep-ish price would give credits more value. Considering you can get 10k per alert and 2-4k per standard mission it's pretty easy to get overwhelmed with credits. That's not even taking into account Void runs. Oh god, Void runs. Oh, and increasing the resource requirements for weapons without adjusting the credit cost just makes credits even less valuable because you'll end up with piles of credits from the act of farming the resources.

Also, people tend to favour a select few mission types, namely Mobile/Defense because you need the most efficient mod farming available just to find a way to spend their credits, which means that the low value of credits also diminishes the value of those underplayed mission types.

A vaguely related idea I had, maybe make mod packs available for credits, but without any guarantee of uncommon or rare mods. Just a reasonable number of credits for 5 random drops, perhaps packaged by their tier and faction. So, you could by a Tier 2 Grineer Pack for 50,000* credits and it gives you 5 mods as if they had been dropped by Grineer of level 15-30. I know that they're currently availabe for Platinum, but in that case you'd be paying for the guaranteed rares, not for mods that you could spend 10-15 minutes aquiring. Just a thought, I think a lot of people would be happy to be able to divert their unstoppable cash flow into something tangible.

*This is a random number I made up on the spot, not a suggested price.

In all seriousness though, credits are a bit weird. Resources replace the standard RPG drops, so instead of churning out piles of "vendor trash" we get to pick what we want and build it, but then why do we have generic currency? We can't really buy the store stuff like we would in Diablo or what-have-you but here we are with huge piles of credits.

I agree with this, perhaps it may be time for a rework in the credit process. Substantially less credits from mission rewards, no build costs, no mod fusion costs. I haven't given this due thought, so I can't really give an opinion. That's just an idea off the top.

As far as the current system we are in I will say this. If you have a significant amount of unused credits that is because you are not utilizing them as they were intended. To buy all the blueprints, make all the weapons, and fuse out an entire set of the most useful and popular mods will run you about 10-11 million credits. As someone with over 1.2k missions compete, with a good number of those being t3 voids, I can tell you right now that, while I've never been strapped for credits, they have always been a reminder thata void every now and then wouldn't go unnoticed. When I get home I'll show some SS's if you want.