Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Game Is Extremely Unrewarding At Times, And I Hope Things Change For The Better. I've Reached My Limit.

demontrace

I find it fun because its hard to solo, and easy in coop. The graphics are great. The design is unique, and I like the art and mystery of it all.

I run a few missions a day, then I do other stuff.

My idea of progression is getting better as a player, leveling up my stuff when it happens, and having a good time all the while.

If you are really grinding for 12 hours to get a warframe, and it feels like work, stop. Go mow someones lawn for cash and pay for the damned thing if you have to have it, and you have to have it now.

I find it tough to believe that you guys have to run 100 times to get all your blue prints. The max I ever have to run was under 20 for all 3 blueprint for Ember, Mag, and Ash so far. I could just be extremely lucky but I do get discourage when it doesn't turn up to be the Blue Print I need or nothing drops at all.

Edited by ThePieBoy

Due to the orokin reactor/catalyst system, my one and only warframe is maxed at level 30, but is effectively level 15. Same with all of my weapons, they are higher than 15 but are stuck at that effectiveness. Anymore, I do not play to progress levels, which I find to be intrinsically engaging, but instead grind away at getting trivial drops of much needed materials, such as alloy plate. Farming Venus for alloy plate will yield absolutely zero to maybe ~30 in one mission. The vast majority of the time I get nothing, and considering literally the only progress that I can be making is with forging weapons and warframes through blueprints, needing large amounts of this material and getting virtually none is very demoralizing. Some materials, like nano spores, polymer bundle, and salvage I have way, way more than I need. It would be wonderful to be able to exchange large amounts of x material for a small quantity of y material. On top of that, as the original poster stated, I only need one more part blueprint to build either Ember or Rhino, neither of which have been dropping despite repetitive farming of their respective bosses. I can no longer level my warframe or weapons, making many parts of the solar system inaccessible. The materials I need for crafting are ludicrously difficult to come by while other pile up, unusable. The incessant grinding of materials and blueprints to little avail, coupled with no progress being made by leveling, makes this game seem stale and harsh after the intial rush of getting into the game. The gameplay is fun. The lore is interesting and engaging. I can completely get over the platinum system since they allow you to buy premium item blueprints with credits (with the exception of the orokin system, as previously stated; I understand that there is a tiny random chance of getting blueprints for these through "?" mission rewards and tier 3 login bonuses, but these are few are far between). I'm very excited for the future of this game, but at the current time, I have little incentive to continue.

• 2 weeks later...

While I'm still enjoying the game (only started playing towards the end of Open Beta) there are a lot of valid points here that I share:

- Please change the rank system, as others have suggested it's counter productive as once I've maxed out my favorite warframe and set of weapons I need to level up weapons that I don't like. My being an altaholic, I'll play different warframes and try different weapons just for the sake of experiencing and enjoying a different play style, being forced to do it though is not pleasant at all and leads to people burning out/getting frustrated quickly with the game. I'd love to keep playing my Excalibur Prime however since he's already reached 30 there's no point in doing so as it would be detrimental to my progress (it's why I haven't played the last 3 or 4 planets yet as I'm too busy leveling up my alt warframes).

- Boss drops as already suggested should always give something rewarding even when it's not a BP.

- Resource drops (of one type versus another) I think the devs have already mentioned are looking into, that definitely needs adjusting, or simply spread out the crafting requirements to actually use the various resources we have.

I do love the fast paced action combat (I'm a traditional MMO player and don't play FPSes much) and Sci-Fi setting of the game and really do hope that DE can continue improving this game so that it will garner and retain a decent player base.

This game is a dungeoncrawler, you should expect farm. People really need to get out of the mindset that this is just a shooter and you should get something everytime you kill something.

I do agree though that their needs to be more rewards, like more bosses per system or more items that can drop from the bosses (IE, move the sword blueprints back to bosses).

This game is a dungeoncrawler, you should expect farm. People really need to get out of the mindset that this is just a shooter and you should get something everytime you kill something.

I do agree though that their needs to be more rewards, like more bosses per system or more items that can drop from the bosses (IE, move the sword blueprints back to bosses).

Even as a dungeon crawler, DE did a bad job sugar coating the farming. However, the game also advertised as TPS as well and the TPS-related part is still relatively plain apart from movement style. Players have the right to expect more than one dimension out of the game that advertise itself in such way.

But yeah, this game doesn't have enough reward.

this is why i just do solo missions, there is no incentive to play with a party where its a free-for-all on who gets all the credits an loot.

its a cool game an all, but theres no point in playing in a party.

Credit is shared between players. Ask your teammates to waypoint loot.

Actually, most players are polite enough to waypoint mods/rare ingredients in my experience.

Guild Wars 2 pretty much hit the nail on the head, and on top of all that, it's an MMO with no monthly fee. They are the standard by which other MMOs should follow, in my opinion.

Like another user on here, I'm going to have to disagree on this. Guild Wars 2 is really fun, it is, but it's one of the most stagnant experiences I've ever seen in any form of MMO. The moment you pick a dual weapon setup(Or in somecases, 1) you're done with that tidbit of customization till 80, and your Utility slots don't change assumingly after 30, and your elites don't go anywhere different after 35. There is no customization of that game, no rewarding feeling of going on at all. Even at 80, your options in many things are limited. It's a deceptivly boring game.

this game has one of the most fast fun and easy to understand combat and movemant systems of any game on the market these days, but it just has this gross extra layer of mindless gameplay length padding. For a game that loves its instant gratification fast and furious combat there is no reward for it until you take the time to do the same mission over and over till your mind asplode. I want to play it more but i dont want to play it the way it is aperently intended to be played.