Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problems With Infested

wizcas

Question

Hey guys,

I have a level 30 excalibur and I use a level 30 Burston

Burston: 32.2% Electricity; 14% Fire, 56.5% Multishot

Excali: 97.6% Shield, 50.5% Armor, 40.8% HP, + Lootradar makes a total of ~300 Shield and ~250HP

Infested are always troublesome for me, despite the level. Especially the Healers and Poisonthingies. e.g. I die on Earth Oro(level 15-21) roughly 50% of the tries bc of those poisonmobs -okay, 1 poison mob. bc, he charges into me, makes his ability and I have around 80HP left. And I need roughly 3-4 Shots on chargers which makes it always hard to kill them without losing too much hp.

How am I supposed to deal with the Infested? Seems to me, I make something fundamentally wrong while having these problems.

Most of the Grineer missions are a piece of cake - the Corpus missions are a bit tougher but still not half as hard as Infested missions.

Any tipps? Besides "get fire mods" - those seem to be really rare... like ash systems... (2x 4h grind no drop ;_;)

12 answers to this question

300/250 shield/hp is rather low, get rid of the loot radar and maybe drop the armor for another shield or a shield regen mod.

Also get rid of the Burston, the Braton is just flat out better. Of course you'll have to regrind it to realy see the difference, but it's well worth it in my opinion. Though for infected i prefer a shotgun myself, as they tend to get realy close and the higher peak damage of the shotguns realy makes a difference.

your survival stats is low, i have about roughly 500 shield and 500 hp, but it doesnt really matter, if you want to stack more hp and armor 400 hp and 250 shield is good if you want to balance things out it's ok too, going full shield stacking and shield regen however, is bad for infested

some tips regarding the Chargers and Toxic Ancients,

Chargers: they are immune to stagger and even your ground-slam, if you are using swords, rush ahead slashing, and do circling movement while still slashing, target the -Runners- and -Leapers- FIRST, get leaper 1st, this is to prevent you from losing control, stop moving, get staggered and spammed to death (you can also shoot the runners and usually 2 leapers in the middle of your melee spam to kill them fastly as you can move forward when rushed by the chargers)

Toxic Ancients: your mod set is wrong, you don't need electricity as Infested are immune from elec. dmg, replace it with Freeze dmg instead, this will slow down the Ancients, rendering their charge on you useless, and shoot (with armor ignoring weapon like boltor or akbolto) at the head, or lower legs and lower arms (normal weapons)

the most effective way however isn't guns and riffles, it's your melee attack (but yeah, burston for infested isn't good good idea)

the chargers are immune to stagger, i can't beat them, so to counter this, i become one of them.

i bought and crafted the Scindo, with decent enough Fire Rate mod (i'm using rank 10 AR ......) to keep you available for any slash to the Leapers and Runners, and you are immune to the stagger while you are doing normal hit, and able to take down 3 mobs at once in 1 single swing

-edit: all my weapons are un-charged, only my exca is.

and incase if you don't have enough mod-slot,

do respec and drop boost for Radial-Blind and Super-Jump, you might even consider to drop some boost for Radial-Javelin

mod-slot is much better if you are in the mid game, as rank 10 - 15 green mods are somewhat common, and you can get 50++ HP mods, 50++ shield mods, 30 - 40 shield regen (not that good againts infested) and 50++ armor mods

i'd suggest you to stack more Armor, and HP, shield becoming the 2nd priority, and the last is melee dmg

atm, chargers drop your shield in no time, rendering 500 shield and shield regeneration mod kinda useless (you can't regen shield in the middle of the fight) thus Armor and HP are the 1st priority in taking down an infested - this is usefull against Toxic Ancient too, in case if you failed to shoot him to slow him down

Edited by Adagio

Scindo is an answer to all your questions.

Guns are not very useful against most of the Infested, since they close distance rapidly. Only Ancients (and Noxious Crawlers, but I haven't seen one in a while) are worth shooting and Ancients are armored, so something hard-hitting with plenty of AP mods would do. Bolt weapons can also make short work of any Ancient.

Scindo hits several enemies (unlike other light melee weapons, which only damage one target), you cannot be staggered while in a swing animation, Scindo has a bonus damage against unarmored enemies. And, most importantly, Scindo strikes stagger all enemies. Meaning if you're quick enough you can stagger and stunlock Ancients before they stagger you, which makes Infestation a cakewalk.

Also, you might consider crafting Rhino, since his Iron Skin skill blocks poison damage.

Edited by FedorHooch

Now I'm totally confused ... The Braton is better? How come?

When I compare them, the chart shows:

Burston | Braton

Dmg 20:16

FR 25:15

Acc 100:25

CS 48:48

The Burston is better in every value - why would the Braton be better then? They use the same mods, don't they? Except for the model specific ofc, but there can't be that much of a difference - I mean, why would the braton be the better gun but cheaper than the burston?

Shotgun... mh... my boar is level 12... seems like I really need to level it *sigh*

I got rid of the loot radar and put in another shield capacity: 366/240 now. (made a mistake in my first post - not 250hp, 240..)

btw - I didn't invest real money yet, so I haven't bought (hadn't buy?) a catalyst/reactor.

*edit: okay ... shield mod out, hp/armor add. understood..

1st - ele out, freeze in.

2nd - scindo crafting and spare a fire rate mod for it.

optional: boltor with with freeze > all.

Edited by wizcas

You are rank 4. Forget about the boar and build yourself a Hek (by far the best weapon in the game against infested. massive damage at close range, decent damage at medium range). Put some multishot and puncture mods on it and have a good time.

About the scindo; it is only viable if you one-hit chargers otherwise you will still recieve alot of damage.

Edited by Schalimah

Burston | Braton

Dmg 20:16

FR 25:15

Acc 100:25

CS 48:48

The Burston is better in every value - why would the Braton be better then?

Oh God, please don't tell me you actually trust the in-game stats.

1: Damage per bullet is slightly higher on the Burston, sure. But the Burston has like a .75 second delay between "bursts" - fire rate mods only affect the speed of the three shots fired, not the delay between bursts. This is horrible DPS.

2: The accuracy on the Burston is abysmal. This is very well documented. The Braton is more accurate just doing a couple single clicks (think firing a full-auto capable weapon in "manual" bursts). Even a spraying Braton is more accurate at range than a Burston.

3: Any other rifle can out-DPS it. Even sustained DPS which would normally be decent since it doesn't need to be reloaded as often takes a hit from the delays. On later levels, enemy shields regenerate in the delay between bursts. It's pathetic.

Anyway, since it's already 30, I guess keep using it with your decent mods, but it's a really bad gun. Freeze mods will slow down infested to the point of hilarious absurdity. The animations go so slow, and you can sprint faster than any of them once they're slowed down. I can seriously do data terminal missions without killing anyone just by slowing them down and kiting them around, sprinting past the ancients.

As far as ancients go, just get on top of a crate. Actually, all infested AI goes pants-on-head $&*&*#(%& when you're on a crate. It's like they forget you exist. And then you (and your max level Burston) can take care of them from a safe distance.

Also you said you're rank 2? Get a Gorgon. Don't waste your time with the Boar unless you really want it for laughs. It's not a good use of a weapon slot, but then again, neither is the Burston right now. But hopefully the devs will fix it so all your hard work doesn't go to waste.

Anyway, melee, melee, and more melee. Aside from ancients, where freeze mods and kiting will win easily.

I maxed the braton and found a fire mod otw - added some freeze mods as well. leveled scindo and added freeze mods. 250shield/300hp/+67% armor atm. works really good on earth :) ceres and eris are a handfull though, guess that's bc I don't have reactors/catalysts.

For infested, I use mostly melee attacks and the braton (~40 shots) against the poison mobs. healers are chopped with 4-6 charged melee attacks.

As I have pretty high electricity mods, I'm doing well against corpus... they're almost easy :D

Grineer aren't that much of a problem. However, I need help at ceres when I'm doing some missions there, since the grineer are dealing plenty dmg and don't miss that much like in lower levels.