Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Obtaining Rhino...

Zodiarkk

Question

Hey guys. I'm relatively new to Warframe, but not at the same time. If you could class or place experience, I would be at that stage between newbie, and intermediate. But I digress.

About a day or so ago, I was reading up on  the Rhino warframe, and said "that's the perfect warframe for me!" and I also (just by chance, and had no idea) ended up fighting the Jackal and getting the helm, but since I've done my research, and found that you also get the systems, and chassis from him, too, I've done at least 30 runs (in teams) but haven't gotten a single drop since.

Could someone clarify this for me? 

16 answers to this question

Yes, to answer your question, Rhino parts does not drop 100% of the time, but it exists, don't you worry about that ^_^

The drop rates are decided by RnG. This means that you are going to need some luck! ^_^

Should you need assistance, you can add me as a friend and I will help you to run Jackal for the parts. I will also bring you to get the Control Modules that you will need to craft Rhino.

Oh, and before I forget, Greetings and Welcome to Warframe!

Yeah, it took me a while to get all the parts for rhino as well, though not nearly as long as it did to get ash parts.

Unfortunately it's all random, you might get all the parts tomorrow, might take until next week.

Just be sure you level enough equipment up to hit the proper mastery rank as Rhino is mastery locked (and is the only frame as far as I am aware that is).

I collected 6 or 7 of both helms and chassis before I finally found Rhino systems.  I think it took me ~45 runs to collect all three pieces.  As Santaphrax suggests, I did this over 6 weeks rather than all at once.

Stick with it; most frames are worth the effort!

...though I'm having second thoughts about Mag; once I get her up to rank 30, I'll probably never use that one again.  Just my opinion, not trying to flame-bait Mag supporters.

The more you fight, the higher chances.

Every time you get certain item from boss, it drop rate decreases. Took me about 20 runs in row to get all parts.

Actually Rhino worth of try - getting from Loki to Rhino seemed like getting into whole new league. I understand now all that faceroll thing about rhino. He really tough by default and have strong defensive capabilities.

Little sad about his speed - i missed Vanguard Helmet alert last week.

Edited by Cleff

I spent alsmot a week farming for Trinity, on and off.

I had the RHINO helmet in my inventory for a while, Hek, I think I might have gotten that helmet blueprint the first time I downed the Jackal!

Today, I felt like finishing Rhino.

Well, there it is, not even five runs I think and I got the chassis and systems.

So, yeah, RNG, just keep at it.

Have you checked to make sure you haven't obtained the blueprints but missed the in game notification? It appears like a material/ammo pick up and can be quickly cleared by "SHOTGUN AMMO FULL" or some such. 

The only reason I mention this is because when I got the systems I noticed it pop up in game but it WAS NOT listed on the mission summary and no, it wasn't "off the grid" of the mission summary items; the grid had only 4 or 5 items on it. Don't know if this is common or not

and RNG = Random Number Generator

Edited by Corpse_of_KTS

Hey guys. I'm relatively new to Warframe, but not at the same time. If you could class or place experience, I would be at that stage between newbie, and intermediate. But I digress.

About a day or so ago, I was reading up on  the Rhino warframe, and said "that's the perfect warframe for me!" and I also (just by chance, and had no idea) ended up fighting the Jackal and getting the helm, but since I've done my research, and found that you also get the systems, and chassis from him, too, I've done at least 30 runs (in teams) but haven't gotten a single drop since.

Could someone clarify this for me? 

Hey, are you me? LOL.

I think I had the helm from the first time I've defeated Jackal. Then I started to "farm" it with teams on and off for the past few days. It might have been a total of 10 runs. Then last night I reached Europa but I wasn't able to find a team so I decided to try a few more Jackal runs. I got frustrated with how slow the team I got dropped into was so I decided to solo. Got the remaining parts within 5 or 6 runs o__O (in 2 of which I derped, got 1-shotted by missiles and failed).

Yea getting parts for Rhino seems to be particularly difficult. I had like around 20-25 helmets and 7-8 chassis, but i could never get my hands on the systems. I farmed that boss for atleast 4 times a day for 1 and a half months or so and finally the sucker dropped the systems. But Rhino was worth all the frustration and endless farming. Just gotta keep trying man.

Yeah. I've gotten both the helm and the chassis built now. But having an extremely difficult time obtaining the systems lol. I think I've made at least 50k credits selling the other helm and chassis blueprints I've obtained, but I keep trying, and hopefully I'll get it eventually. I have also got the Banshee systems drop sometime ago, but I'm not too worried about that lol. I think I also need to get a control module or 2. If anyone wants to help me get these I'd really appreciate it, you can add me in-game if you like.