Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unbalanced Drop Table

itslikeme

I clearly can't understand WHY "Pressure Point", "Ammo Drum", "Reach", "Quickdraw", "Fast Hands" are nearly 50% of ALL COMMON MOD DROPS.

Why Common Mods have more chance than another common mods? Don't they share the same classification of rarity?

All Common Mods:

Flame Repellent, Lightning Rod, Insulation, Marathon, Redirection, Vitality, Steel Fiber, Thief's Wit, Ammo Drum, Fast Hands, Magazine Warp, Piercing Hit, Point Strike, Blunderbuss, Flechette, Pistol Gambit, Quickdraw, Slip Magazine, Trick Mag.

1st Point:

• Common mods usually are the first mods you get in low-level missions. And the first that help you out. They are the BASE. The start point of every player.

• A newbie who gets 300 ammo drums will not go further with the difficulty escalation, because he will not have the mods to deal with the new enemies.

• A newbie who gets a great variety of common mods combine them to make their warframes/weapons better to deal with the difficulty escalation.

2nd point:

• I am not saying all mods NEED to have the same % to drop. But common's do.

• Mods need to have valuation. But valuation comes with rarity, so Uncommon and Rare should have different rates for drop.

Ex: Hell Chamber (x%) and Split Chamber (y%) = This doesn't matter.
    Ex: Pressure Point (x%), Marathon (y%), Redirection (z%) = This could be cruel to newcomers.

Let's take Redirection for example. Since drop tables 2.0, there's a lot of complaining of new players who can't find redirection!!!

Redirection is a crucial mod for almost every build. And people are getting troubles because of its absence.

-------

Aside from that, i reiterate that drops for Serration and Hornet Strike are far too hard to obtain when you're low-level.

Yes, it's possible, but from level 30 ~ 40+ enemies.

How are you going to get there without Serration and Hornet Strike?

Comment about, criticize, flame, I have already done my part.

I have to agree with pretty much all you said.

I personally still have not found a single Split Chamber, which is frustrating to say the least.

Mine split chamber i got from a Defense Reward (I think it was grineer/corpus).

But also got one from Void Parkour Room's.

I clearly can't understand WHY "Pressure Point", "Ammo Drum", "Reach", "Quickdraw", "Fast Hands" are nearly 50% of ALL COMMON MOD DROPS.

Why Common Mods have more chance than another common mods? Don't they share the same classification of rarity?

All Common Mods:

Flame Repellent, Lightning Rod, Insulation, Marathon, Redirection, Vitality, Steel Fiber, Thief's Wit, Ammo Drum, Fast Hands, Magazine Warp, Piercing Hit, Point Strike, Blunderbuss, Flechette, Pistol Gambit, Quickdraw, Slip Magazine, Trick Mag.

1st Point:

• Common mods usually are the first mods you get in low-level missions. And the first that help you out. They are the BASE. The start point of every player.

• A newbie who gets 300 ammo drums will not go further with the difficulty escalation, because he will not have the mods to deal with the new enemies.

• A newbie who gets a great variety of common mods combine them to make their warframes/weapons better to deal with the difficulty escalation.

2nd point:

• I am not saying all mods NEED to have the same % to drop. But common's do.

• Mods need to have valuation. But valuation comes with rarity, so Uncommon and Rare should have different rates for drop.

Ex: Hell Chamber (x%) and Split Chamber (y%) = This doesn't matter.

Ex: Pressure Point (x%), Marathon (y%), Redirection (z%) = This could be cruel to newcomers.

Let's take Redirection for example. Since drop tables 2.0, there's a lot of complaining of new players who can't find redirection!!!

Redirection is a crucial mod for almost every build. And people are getting troubles because of its absence.

-------

Aside from that, i reiterate that drops for Serration and Hornet Strike are far too hard to obtain when you're low-level.

Yes, it's possible, but from level 30 ~ 40+ enemies.

How are you going to get there without Serration and Hornet Strike?

Comment about, criticize, flame, I have already done my part.

Very solid points.  I know I sold 36 ammo drums & 47 fast hands the other night, meanwhile I had 2 vitality's & 1 redirection.  Definately needs some adjustments made to drop rates... 

Mine split chamber i got from a Defense Reward (I think it was grineer/corpus).

But also got one from Void Parkour Room's.

That is the problem with RNG, it is completely based on luck. I have done so much defense it just isn't fun anymore as well, more of a chore.

Shame that this topic might die as the others (useful) do.

Wouldn't die if i started a flame war about nerfing or buffing, that's what seems to be important to community.

While their new players are suffocating with Ammo Drums... 

Edited by itslikeme

I've been active for a little over a week now, about 3 hrs a night, and I've not seen one Redirection or Split Chamber. All I seem to get are Vitality, Ammo Drums and Fast hands. I get a few others mixed in, but not the ones I really need.  Oh well...slave to the grind.

people really having that hard a time getting redirection?

had not noticed honestly.

just yesterday i fused about 30-35 redirection(s) with some other stuff, still got about 20 or so and keep getting them.

I've been active for a little over a week now, about 3 hrs a night, and I've not seen one Redirection or Split Chamber. All I seem to get are Vitality, Ammo Drums and Fast hands. I get a few others mixed in, but not the ones I really need.  Oh well...slave to the grind.

Here is one example of what i said.

No Redirection! 

How a loki starter, for example, will get through venus(another example) without REDIRECTION?

Considering it's a starter, who do not know game mechanics so well, clearly he will fail so many times that he will quit. For sure.

people really having that hard a time getting redirection?

had not noticed honestly.

just yesterday i fused about 30-35 redirection(s) with some other stuff, still got about 20 or so and keep getting them.

In low level missions? Yes.
If in doubt; check the wiki page of Redirection.
Edited by itslikeme

I agree, some mods are simply too rare to find, ESPECIALLY for new players.

In fact, a friend who used to play Warframe with me for a while doesn't play nearly as much lately.  He has yet to find a single raw damage mod for rifle, shotgun or pistol.  This really hurts to game experience for new players.  Even more so since the first enemies you face are the walking tanks that are Grineer -_-

I have been asking for a clear path to goals from day one. If we as players knew where we would have a better chance and the chance was the same as the other mods and not as you describe X% and Y% and Z%, but X% for common and Y% for uncommon. We would farm with a smile knowing that our work would bring a reward for the work in, and not just random hope that it may or may not happen. Clear goals are very important in all areas of our life, so why is it totally different in our hobbies?

Honestly, Drop table 2.0 is a strange one. Basic stuff like damage/AP/shield mods are completely out of new players' reach. I think DE should adjust acquisition of these mods to be more accessible to new players.

Perhaps, use them as mission reward for Mercury mission would be ideal solution.

Honestly, the mod drop pool for Mercury should be nothing but Redirection, Vitality, and damage mods. As a starting player, that's all you want and they're the only things that are going to help you.  I remember when I started and I got a bunch of ammo drums and I was so frustrated because my MK-1 took forever to kill anything and all I had was a way to increase my ammo pool...

I agree that they need to give better rewards earlier, but at the same time they need good rewards later. Redirection/Vitality/AP mods should be common early on but other mods need to be spread out over other levels.

For new players, Redirection drops from completing Raid, Spy and Capture missions, so does Vitality. Maybe if they advertised this fact instead of letting you find out too late. Even so, Redirection is commonly available from the second mission in the game.