Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Click Click Click-- Please Let Us Fire Semiautomatic Weapons By Holding The Mouse

Barnago

Because that would be auto, not semi-auto. Let's also give everybody option of switch on/off infinite mods slot, health damage and energy losses.

It wouldnt be nearly as big a change as that. It wouldnt even be as big a change as putting a simple fire rate switch on the side of a Dera. Modern weaponry can easily switch on the fly, into a number of different configurations, Why would it be hard to believe that these futuristic weapons cant? Besides, I agree that its not a good idea, its just not something that i care enough about to argue any longer.

Come on. Please make arguments in good faith rather than ridiculous hyperbole.

Choosing to fire a semiautomatic weapon at a reduced ROF in exchange for automatic refire is a tradeoff that results in reduced performance. It's worse DPS than firing in a true semiauto mode. Construing this as some kind of cheat or hack comparable with godmode is totally absurd. It offers no performance benefit at all other than allowing you to play more casually.

Read about semi-auto aim specific a bit higher ITT.

"Skill"?

It takes "Skill" to move your finger rapidly?

lol........

Boy, I swear, some people want to slap the word "Skill" on everything these days. *rolls eyes* I'll tell you what rapid unnecessary clicking DOES cause -- Hardware wear-and-tear (how many people ruined their mice in Diablo 2 days?), and RSI.

Not to mention muscle wear and tear by repetitive strain injury.

Edited by Baigan

Why not just use an automatic weapon?

I should not have to explain to you that Warframe is a game that incentivizes players to use and rank up a wide variety of weapons, whether they are your very favorite weapon or not. You have enough forum posts that you should know that.

It wouldnt be nearly as big a change as that. It wouldnt even be as big a change as putting a simple fire rate switch on the side of a Dera. Modern weaponry can easily switch on the fly, into a number of different configurations, Why would it be hard to believe that these futuristic weapons cant? Besides, I agree that its not a good idea, its just not something that i care enough about to argue any longer.

Yeah, real flamethrowers has range about 40 meters, shotguns tears the man into new one on same distances, we don't have magic suits that can create "volatile antimatter" that requires actually killing target to create desintegration process, you can't stop the time by stomping the ground, you can't create a shockwave with hitting the ground unless you can hit at 11 kmps speed...

You want a sense battle?

Edited by Icouldjustkissyou

You just said you wouldn't use it.. but tohers would.

So why don't those players just make a macro?

I don't understand why you are okay with the idea of using a macro to achieve automatic fire, but not the game supporting it with properly balanced trade-offs. Do you think this change would be a difficult thing to implement and not worth the time? I think it could probably be implemented very painlessly.

I don't understand why you are okay with the idea of using a macro to achieve automatic fire, but not the game supporting it with properly balanced trade-offs. Do you think this change would be a difficult thing to implement and not worth the time? I think it could probably be implemented very painlessly.

Why you have locks in your house if everybody can look in the internet how to pick it?

You wouldn't need to reduce the rate of fire for them, as 'semi-auto' weapons already have a max ROF that you can improve with mods. If they were really semi-auto you would be able to fire as fast you you can pull the trigger. But since there is a max rof that you can easily see if you bind fire to mouse wheel up or down, they're already 'automatic' with a S#&$ty work around.

I should not have to explain to you that Warframe is a game that incentivizes players to use and rank up a wide variety of weapons, whether they are your very favorite weapon or not. You have enough forum posts that you should know that.

Are you going to complain about being incentivized to rank up melee weapons to increase your mastery as well?

Because the exact same principle applies to them.

Edited by Lifeshield

Are you going to complain about being incentivized to rank up melee weapons to increase your mastery as well?

Because the exact same principle applies to them.

There are definitely instances where it's difficult to spam E at the maximum rate of fire of a melee weapon, especially with a fury mod in place. I consider this a comparatively minor issue though because of the place that melee weapons currently hold in the game making them used much less frequently than firearms, and the prevalence of charge attacks over pressure point builds.

You simply use guns a lot more than melee weapons in this game most of the time, and so while there may be a similar principle at play, the issue is exacerbated far more with guns.

Edited by Barnago

repetitive stress injury using a mouse is a real thing, and it has nothing to do with a persons age.  Just like color blind mode, there needs to be an option check box to rapid fire semi auto weapons over a certain fire rate.

I have been playing Warframe since closed beta, 500 hours rank 10,  and I have to agree, there is a distinct point where a semi-auto weapon has a fire rate so high that repeatedly mashing the fire button quickly for a few hours is phyically stressful for some players.  Not all, some.  I happen to be one of those people.  I honestly refuse to play with the Akbolto and Latrons because it becomes stressful on my fingers after awhile trying to achieve maximum dps.  And honestly, the ONLY reason I use the acrid is due to the new Lethal Torrent mod which allows me to click alot slower without having to worry about my dps.

If it doesnt bother you to do so much clicking, them feel free not to use the option.  For me personally, it is a real problem and I hope DE address it.  Until then, I will be enjoying my Flux rifle

*sidenote.  I dont know how to address the melee problem, but I also experience this issue with the Kogake.  I just cant use for more than about 15 minutes.  But, dont experience this problem with dual ether with a fury mod.  

There are definitely instances where it's difficult to spam E at the maximum rate of fire of a melee weapon, especially with a fury mod in place. I consider this a comparatively minor issue though because of the place that melee weapons currently hold in the game making them used much less frequently than firearms, and the prevalence of charge attacks over pressure point builds.

You simply use guns a lot more than melee weapons in this game most of the time, and so while there may be a similar principle at play, the issue is exacerbated far more with guns.

Why don't you try using a control pad. I find that much more comfortable than using a mouse and keyboard in Warframe. You can rebind the controls how you find them to be more comfortable as well.

Edited by Lifeshield

What is the point of semi automatic weapons, if you just make them all automatic. There are plenty of weapons in Warframe, so I don't know what is the problem with just using automatic weapons, if semi's are giving you issues.

Very basic macros can also fix the issue (2 programming lines). You don't need a mouse / keyboard with macro support to take adventage of that. Any will suffice.

What is the point of semi automatic weapons, if you just make them all automatic. 

We're taking a real world weapon concept and applying it to a video game where the only difference is clicking really fast, or holding the button down to shoot really fast.  Its annoying in a game like this, to have to constantly mash my finger into the mouse button.  I use my Despair over Acrid for primarily this reason.

Very basic macros can also fix the issue (2 programming lines).

So there is an issue?  What's the difference between having a macro and just having it being built into the game?

If this happens at all, please make it optional. I personally like the feeling of firing each pistol individually.

For the people experiecing pains:  don't over-do it. Just because your AK's have potential to fire at an extremely high rate doesn't mean you have to stress yourself trying to achieve it. I'm somewhat tame when using my AKbolto's but sometimes during tense defense situations, it's fun to just let loose.

I agree with the OP, and I won't even use the feature.

I just know a lot of folks with hand issues (and btw a lot of rapid clicking actually creates hand problems too). I play shooters with kids and older folks (50+) and clicking a lot is a huge issue. I vote for having the option over any concern about how it makes it "too easy" or blurs the lines between auto and semi-auto. Plus, there is no weapon that feels like the Latron on full auto. So the argument that there would be no difference doesn't work. Laron is still Latron. The fire rate tends to be what makes it feel different. And while I prefer clicking for each semi-auto shot, I know people need this option. Macros are not easy to set up for someone who doesn't know how (no need to tell me though, I can set them up fine).

It already is optional.  For example, with the Despair I have the option to hold down my mouse button or click for each shot.

What? Despair is a full auto weapon. OP is talking about weapons that are semi-auto. Of course, I would prefer the Despair/Kunai were semi-auto, but that's a different topic.

I've been proposing this for a long time now.

Warframe is not a simulator. It's a fast paced run and gun shooter with diablo-esque elements.

I can't use my light machine gun to snipe in this game, why should I bother simulating semi-automatic fire?

The fact alone that people make use of contrived methods to avoid the drawbacks of semi-auto firing (binding fire key to mousewheel or using makros) already tells me that the concept is flawed.

Making all guns full-auto would provide no drawbacks whatsoever.

Balancing would still take place over the rate of fire of the individual gun.

You'd still be able to tap the mousebutton for single precision shots but you'd also be able to just hold down the button to empty your magazine as fast as possible, without a clickfest. You might even fluidly switch between the two 'modes' depending on your situation, like you already do with the full autos.

*facepalm* Do you know what semiautomatic means???

You can use macros. They are allowed.

Use one yourself, I enjoy clicking. Feels more powerful ingame.

^ this

But that Totally defeats the purpose and function of Semi auto weapons.

^word

What you're asking for is called full auto. Even with a rate reduction full auto is what it would be, and the weapon in question therefor no longer be semi auto.

I would not have a problem if they made a mod that did this. If you want to pay the energy cost you can have a full auto version of your favorite semi auto weapon, but to just do this for free is ridicules. Never mind that it is part of the balance it is part of the definition of the weapon.

"I want a Harley, but I don't like the vibrations so I want a Harley with a balanced 6 cylinder engine." - Then you don't really want a Harley do you?

If it wears out your finger use a full auto weapon, or a slow hard hitter like the Seer + Sniper.

Edited by Carcharias