Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Me, Or Is The Necro Actually Not A Power Creep?

lautalocos

and of course, there will be too a lot of topics saying he is the weakest wartframe and him being a complete failure.

and at the end of the nerfs and buffs, his only skill will be "search the dead"

Are you kidding? That'll be gone. A skill that reduces farming?

DE:

shocked_meme1.png

In line with the many stupid predictions, I predict his one will range from glorious to horrible, as I understand the mechanics. If his 1 deals 10% direct damage, 10% of 10000 with 900 armor is 1000 points actual health and 10000 points of armor-enhanced health. The armor decrease would make armor 855, reducing the armor-included max health from 100000 to 95500, and making the armor-enhanced current health 85950. In short, if his 1 is just 10% of the target's health, then it will do the equivalent of 14050 bullet damage, and 1000 armor-ignoring damage to this hypothetical target.

Of course, the percentage given is just speculation, but for even 10%, that's a lot of endgame damage potential.

Even if he is quite powerful, it'll be a fun kind of powerful (for your team) rather than the kind of play Nova invites.

Necro won't be wiping rooms. He'll be holding enemies in place allowing teammates to shoot at them, and reducing the armor of things in chunks, allowing teammates to get more damage in. All of his abilities benefit both himself and his teammates equally and that's really cool. Even his loot search will benefit the team.

I don't know if it's the end of power creep but he's certainly more of a team player than Nova.

We honestly can't say if it is balanced or not until it is in game.

Yeah. Honestly, we all know DE is atrocious at describing any of the abilities they make.

Volt is a "potent alternative to gunplay"? More like "waste of time unless you're doing a hitscan gimmick". And in practice, Volt Speed is &!$$ing off your squadmates or trolling them during parkour.

Nyx's Absorb is less an ultimate ability and more of a "lose control for over 10 seconds while your teammates kill everything, or lose control for over 10 seconds and go down immediately if youre playing at high levels"

Pick any frame except maybe Nova and Rhino, and whatever the text on their abilities says, they boil down to either "worthless garbage" or "use this because it's all the frame is good for".

Edited by litlir

really, i was thinking DE would make all the warframes from now on as powerfull as nova, but luckily it seems like they are not gonna do that.

1 skill, balanced

2 skill, balanced

3 skill, will surely be changed, nobody likes it

4 skill, well, it sounds balanced, but let`s see

and above all this, no "press 4 to clear room" skill!

YESSSSSS

edit:

PS: i know he has`t been released, but he SEEMS balanced, for now

Nova is not powerful at all. She just causes a chain reaction at low levels. All Nova's 4 does is prime the targets to take more damage and they are probably killed by something another player did. If she had to fight multiple strong single targets she would be useless. At higher levels she is useless. Try using that 4 on level 150+ mobs and see how powerful you think she is. It's easy for any frame to kill low level mobs, she just does it faster by causing a chain reaction. That does not make her powerful, just faster at lower levels. 

Yes, but it does require that he (or his minions) be able to kill things.  Unless they have some kind of durability/damage buff, it will probably be less effective than Nyx's chaos.

why do people make that comparison all the time? there is a big difference between having a dozen enemies having a free for all and have a big group of enemies backed up by tennos fight other equally strong enemies whilst giving the bonuses they used to give the enemy to us instead.

its more of a mass mind control (without your teammates killing your mind controlled target) than chaos.

and also the enemy may always seem weak but the thing is that its us who are so much stronger in ai vs ai it usually is a fair fight.

Nova is not powerful at all. She just causes a chain reaction at low levels. All Nova's 4 does is prime the targets to take more damage and they are probably killed by something another player did. If she had to fight multiple strong single targets she would be useless. At higher levels she is useless. Try using that 4 on level 150+ mobs and see how powerful you think she is. It's easy for any frame to kill low level mobs, she just does it faster by causing a chain reaction. That does not make her powerful, just faster at lower levels. 

I wouldn't say she isn't powerful at all but I agree I tend to hit a wall with her around 117 or so.

in my opinion and from the info we got from LS13 necro frame seems to be weak

#1 x% armor debuff that stacks ... doesn't armor increase exponential so the higher the armor the less useful this skill becomes ? i mean sure if the skill is cheap enough you could cast it 10 times on an ancient so you can kill him easier Oo

#2 don't know what to say about this ... it seems to be a rather strange variation of the decoy/molt with an added cc which would probably annoy most people since fleeing enemies tend to aggro stuff you don't want or hide/get stuck behind something

#3 feels kinda strange its a rng-depending  support skill which is kinda bad ... since i don't know how it's supposed to work i can't say for sure if it is good or bad but it really doesn't feel like it is on paar with other #3 skills

#4 this is either OP or useless depending on how the skill scales in highlevel ... i mean every nyx knows there is a limit when chaos starts to become a pure cc instead of a damage ability and this seems to be rather close to chaos

to me it looks like DE intends the necro to be played as cc with #2 -> then quickly get the "dangerous" enemies down with weapons and #1 -> #4 kill the enemies who are still cc'ed or coming back from running away in fear -> #3 to get extra loot

it sounds like a nice concept but it doesn't feel like there is much room for teamplay here ... really hope i'm wrong about that but unless "clone the dead" is really strong i don't see this frame becoming useful in high wave defs or survival

remember that they said that soul punch deals %hp damage aka lets say you deal 25%hp damage with soul punch that will always deal 25% of their hp no matter the level + a 5% armor debuff that stacks is not something to look down on especially since it does a small aoe last i heard, i also heard that it will act like fireball so i guess the name is misguiding (i think it was in the livestream not sure, but Im sure I've heard it somewhere), i think the projectile might be in the shape of a fist or that he launches it with a punching motion thereby the name.