Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sort Of Lost On How To Continue, Tips Welcome.

Veemaxt

Question

Hi out there,

I joined up and got a Mag. I like mag, she has cool powers, moves well and is a nice role to play. Once I had leveled the Mk1-Braton up to 30, i got rid of it and bought a Braton, which I actually really like. Its mod leveled to 60, got a few nice tricks on it (Seration and other stuff) I did the same with my secondary and Melee weapon, leveled the first given weapoins to 30, swapped them for better ones (currently using Aklato and dual Zoren). I have catalysts on these and my frame is supercharged. I am Gold Initiate and see that I cant get much further on the mastery as all my weapons and frame are maxed out, so its time to move on. I picked up a Boltor yesterday which I quite like and looking forward to maxing that out, BUT, I thought I would come here and ask for your advice before going any further.

I got some plat (over a promotion code) which I would wisely spend, about 420 or so. I would like to know what is the most efficient way to spend my plat, on what and which weapons should I target for. I have quite a large number of BPs allready so I may not need to spend plat for everything.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Oh, I like the Mag because of the good supportive role, which I dont mind doing. I dont need the glory for myself, however, sometimes I wish I could be more destructive :)

What do you think, who should be my next frame and what to equip it with.

Thanks in advance.

19 answers to this question

Buy slots. Only thing other than cosmetics that you can't get without plat, but it's the only thing that REALLY holds people back. There are 16 frames (including Frost and Excal Primes), 18 after Necro and Mag Prime. Unless you plan on collecting all of them, you should at least have 6 Frame slots to give yourself options. As for weapons...there are a lot of em, so buy away.

Edited by Khaos_Zand3r

only things you should spend plat on is slots, customization items and then colors.

in that order.

only other things that are "ok" to buy would be sents. when you get them they come with 2 taters, saving you some time and effort at the cost of a little more plat.

edit: ninjas be ninjas yo...

Edited by alchemistjkt

Only spend platinum on warframe and weapon slots, orokin catalysts and reactors, forma, and cosmetics like color pallets and sentinel parts. Everything else you can get in-game rather easily if you put in the time.

(forgot to hit post, 3 other people pop up with same stuff. damn!)

as for frames, it depends on how much you've unlocked on the star chart; as far as weapons go just try everything, since getting as much as possible up to level 30 will increase your rank allowing you to get more weapons.

Edited by theasl

Buy slots. Only thing other than cosmetics that you can't get without plat, but it's the only thing that REALLY holds people back.

Pretty much. 2 weapon slots cost 12 plat, and a Warframe slot costs 20 plat. I would recommend getting at least 10 weapon and 5 Warframe slots, which adds up to 160 plat. Afterwards, you can either save your plat for additional slots, Orokin Catalysts/Reactors, or color palettes.

Ahh, i did forget to mention, I bought an extra 8 slots (stupidly after selling my weapons off, as i didnt think about just getting more slots, and as 12 plat for 2 weapons slots, thats a bargain!) and I bought 1 more frame slot, but yes, I think i will get 4 more frame slots giving me 6 in total, that should see me through for a while. Thanks for the tip on that, it does confirm it was a right descision to spend the plat on the slots :)

Thanks

Ahh, i did forget to mention, I bought an extra 8 slots (stupidly after selling my weapons off, as i didnt think about just getting more slots, and as 12 plat for 2 weapons slots, thats a bargain!) and I bought 1 more frame slot, but yes, I think i will get 4 more frame slots giving me 6 in total, that should see me through for a while. Thanks for the tip on that, it does confirm it was a right descision to spend the plat on the slots :)

Thanks

Hopefully, you sold your weapons after they hit Rank 30...

Otherwise, no problem. Just make sure to keep your weapon slot counts up to a reasonable level since the longer you play, the more weapons you'll probably find yourself liking.

Hopefully, you sold your weapons after they hit Rank 30...

Otherwise, no problem. Just make sure to keep your weapon slot counts up to a reasonable level since the longer you play, the more weapons you'll probably find yourself liking.

you don't need to sell them until you run out of slots. when that happens, choose the ones you think you will never use again and sell those, one at a time to make room for another one

The plat would be best spent on slots for sure: having a bigger arsenal at your disposal is always good, and it sucks big time to toss away a perfectly good weapon/frame you put effort into making to free up room

Next step is to really build yourself up. Get some new weapons and level them to 30 - you get the mastery and you might end up liking a weapon you never even considered trying. All this time you'll be getting plenty of mods and fusion cores though - making what you have get better and better.

Even though you like mag, have a look at some of the other frames and pick the one which looks most appealing to you. Then you can work towards building that frame. I've found you can be pleasantly surprised and end up really enjoying the way a frame plays even when you would think you would hate it.

The other thing is that frames are worth twice as much mastery as weapons (6000 points for levelling a frame to 30 as opposed to 3000 for a weapon - I also find they tend to level up faster so in general frames are a much better way to fast-track yourself to higher mastery ranks. Once you hit rank 4, you'll want to start looking into some of the clantech weapons.

Edited by Segolia

Yes yes, I had them ranked to 30 as I was draining every point I could to get my mastery up. But as I said, I cant get any further as all my weapons I have (and had) are at 30, so it's time to move on :)

@theasl .. yes I agree with not having to sell untill iu run out of slots, but for some reason I forgot about the number of slots and sold up some stuff THEN relaising, hmm, more slots are not so expensive. Its a lessen I learnt, thankfully early in the game without much damage :)

Edited by Veemaxt

you don't need to sell them until you run out of slots. when that happens, choose the ones you think you will never use again and sell those, one at a time to make room for another one

or could do like me (however stupid it may be) and keep all the things.

ive got all the weps and frames... all of them (skana says hello).

Thanks

You do actually start with more than 1 slot so if you've already bought 1 you should have 3 or 4 already can't remember. As for spending platinum having the slots is a good first option after that weapons are really preference especially if the new patch fixes the armor scaling in higher level missions.

As for weapons and frames, the only reason to spend plat on them is if you don't have to time to grind away. I didn't, but I ended up paying a lot of plat to save that time. Same with weapons. It is incredibly expensive. If you don't have the means to buy plat, don't use plat to buy weapons/frames.

Which ones to build? That is solely dependent on your playstyle. Researching Warframes isn't ideal currently with how they are all getting re-balanced. There are a lot of weapons, and the damage system is about to get redone so those are also subject to change in terms of effectiveness. However, I definitely recommend the Vastos. They are the spiritual successors to the AkLato, and I'd say are the most fun in terms of sidearms.

Edited by Khaos_Zand3r

Shopping /Farming List:

Vastos - Check! Thanks for the heads up here. 

Some real good advice here, thanks! But I have a couple of questions to terminology. 

Clantech Weapons ? Sorry, I'm not familiar with this term :(

@Woodhaven, you are right. I started with 2 Frame slots, so 1 slot was free allready, then I bought another one giving me 3, but I think I will take that to 5 or 6.

8 Weapon slots are avaiblable, I have taken this to 16 for now. 16 good weapons should make up a nice arsenal I think.

Shopping /Farming List:

Vastos - Check! Thanks for the heads up here. 

Some real good advice here, thanks! But I have a couple of questions to terminology. 

@Woodhaven, you are right. I started with 2 Frame slots, so 1 slot was free allready, then I bought another one giving me 3, but I think I will take that to 5 or 6.

8 Weapon slots are avaiblable, I have taken this to 16 for now. 16 good weapons should make up a nice arsenal I think.

Sorry, I should have clarified

Some weapons are only available through the research labs that can be built in the clan dojo. To get the blueprints for them, you need to be a part of the clan who has researched the weapons.

They are mostly modeled on the weapons used by enemy factions (for example, you can get the heavy plasma machine gun used by corprus techs). For the most part, clantech weapons are very powerful and some of the best in the game - many of them also behave in ways that the more 'standard' weapons do not (eg. the ogris is a rocket launcher with a high damage explosion, or the flux rifle which fires a continuous beam of energy instead of a projectile)

They are all built using the blue coloured resource drops you may have seen (fieldron sample, detonite ampules and mutagen sample), among other things

Collectively, all of the gear available through clan research only is called 'clantech'. The reason I say you should start looking into it at 4 is all of it has a high mastery rank requirement (at this time) ranging between rank 4 and 7 to be able to craft the weapons.

Edited by Segolia

the weps you can get through joining a clan.

really though op, its all up to you i suppose.

but to me, even with 80+ weps, its not enough...

16 frames... not enough...

my body (and plat for slots) is ready for new frames and weps.

Most of this is already stated, but I'll lay it out briefly myself. First off, do not pay platinum for weapons/frames directly, you can acquire these things by playing the game, and generally they don't even require all that much playing. Second, if you're looking for advice on which weapons or frames to farm, then basically... Whichever is easiest. Advancing in Mastery is important in this game, since it opens options. At least in the short term, you should shoot for whatever you can get quickly. In the long term I'd suggest checking out the frames Nova, Rhino, Frost, and Vauban, and the weapons Flux Rifle, Supra, Torid, Ogris, Lanka, Despair, and Acrid (this last one is the most powerful weapon in the game currently).

As far as what to actually spend your platinum on, obviously and most importantly slots. I'd actually suggest going with enough to contain all, or a good portion of the frames at least, since even if you dislike one in the mean time it may get buffed, and they do completely different things. Past that, the next thing you'll want to examine for purchasing are potatoes (Orokin Reactors), and blue potatoes (Orokin Catalysts). The reason for this is that these cannot be farmed. The developers will occasionally give them to us in alerts if you're around when the alert is up, and they may pop on login, but you cannot earn them in game. In certain situations (such as running out of Forma on a double affinity weekend), that may also be worth purchase. Past that, obviously if you want cosmetics this is the only way to do so.

Buys Warframe and Weapon slots as others have said. Buy 14 Warframes slots, i.e if you wish to have all Warframes and the number of weapon slots is your personal choice. I would advice against spending plats for potato's but if you want to spend some of the plats on it anyway then, I would say spend it on the best weapons in game, For primary weapons use a catalyst on Ogris and Flux rifle because I found them to be the best. If you cant wait till you rank up and and get into a clan, then try getting Paris prime and supercharge it. It great for end game if you go down with crit build. (If you find it tough to acquire Paris prime, the Paris or Dread are great too)

For secondary definitely the Despair or Kunai deserve a catalyst in them. But THE secondary weapon for me is the Acrid. Just does crazy amounts of damage.

Melee is your personal choice. Personally I would supercharge Orthos Prime or the regular Orthos. Orthos is very easy to acquire even for a new player.

Again with Warframes it gets personal. Just dont rush supercharging any of your Warframes. As it is reactors are very rare to find. So try to 1st acquire as many Warframes as you can and then decide which one is your favorite and supercharge (Personal recommendation, Rhino, Nova, Vauban, Saryn)

Edited by Drago29