The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Mouse Sensitivity in the Vallis

Tachyys

That's right, it's back: the dreaded self-altering sensitivity bug that plagued PoE is here on Venus.

I can't pin the cause yet, but it's unique to Orb Vallis somehow. Sometimes it's when pulling the tranq gun out of the gear wheel, sometimes it's using the K-drive, and sometimes I guess I just look at the violently-and-perpetually shaking grass bits the wrong way. It is not every time with any of those actions, and I don't know if it's any of them. At this point, it seems that as long I'm on Orb Vallis, I run the risk of my look sensitivity being shot to double (or even higher) its set rate. Sometimes it resets itself in seconds, and sometimes I have to close the game and restart it, as it can follow me to the orbiter.

I know there's very little actionable information here, but it IS specific to Vallis. If I stay in other maps and missions, or other games, everything stays right where I set it. Maybe someone has a short-term remedy or even a fix they could share? Ran into this on PoE until it was patched for performance, but I don't remember there being a short-term for that aside from "don't play." Maybe however the issue was clocked on PoE could lend its insight to this issue on the new world.

Spoiler

Seriously though, the grass could attempt self-inflicted whiplash at half speed and be okay.

Try running the game in fullscreen borderless window instead of true fullscreen. Thats what I have had to do for a long time or I get super speed everytime I alt-tab.

I found that I somewhat can alt-tab if I disable Dx11 and only use Dx10 in the launcher but I prefer to run borderless.

Edited by wakestarr