Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Passive Skills

Tronius

hi all, i wanted to ask if there will be passives skills for every Warframes... to unlock like active skills... ehm... i don't know how explain >_>

i'll try to explain here...

so... take the mod tree... put there "Warframe Level" and this will changes warframe's attributes (For example Ash will do more dmg and will be much more stealth, Rhino will have more armor and HPs)

i don't know if i've explained that good...

There are artifacts that are basicly passives like health regen, energy regen, rifle damage, finding ammo, some others i can't think of right now.

Frames do start with passive differences for example Rhino and frost have more armor but less speed and loki is fast but less health and sheilds i think.

As for the skill tree picking the same skill multipe times increases its effectiveness increaseing range,duration, or damage.

I hope that answered your question or at least a part of it.

lilme, yes i know it, i looked on the wiki of the game... but... what i say it's different... i know i didn't explain it well...

wait-wait-wait... so... i was looking to introduce a new system like... "make your basic choice then take a specialization" like... rhino will choice to upgrade armor'n'hps or dmg'n'shield...

Btw, your answer is good too, thanks

ah, yes... a Specialization! right!

at rank 30 (max) you have to choice one of three ways (depends on your warframe) like... Exalibur at rank 30 can choice... swordman (boost on shield and sword skills) guardsman (armor'n'shield) and another (i've no imagination :\)

how you find my idea?

I think the topic, atm, involve two concepts.

1. Passive skill - this should be in the skill tree. Passively increase performane of each frame similar to health/shield/powermax node. Some of these passives will probably tied to each frame speciality while some of them are shared between frames.

2. Prestige system - At lv30, a player can choose to 'reset' his frame to lv1 and recieve permanent bonus(es) for that frame.

Passive skill will probably showed up with the next skill tree redesign since it's quite obvious that the current trees aren't promote any kind of specialization. They don't even have branches that serve particular aspect of each frame. There's a proposal to remove mod slots from the tree and put passives in the tree instead. IMO, each passive branche should be dichotomous to promote more specialization.

Prestige system is coming. DE stated that a while ago.