Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Month-Old Player Introducing Himself? Yes.

Chronowarper

Hello all of you lovely people. :D

So, let's see, been about a month or so since I've started playing this lovely gaming wonder. Amazing admin group, amazing gameplay, and some really nice tactics to keep up high replayability.

Anyway, so I chose a Loki. :D First few days went okay. You know, new player, knows nothing, just letting the matchmaking do its thing. Modded my frame with Redirection. Holy shizzle I love Redirection. And Fast Deflection.

Anyway, so I spent the first week trying to srounge up enough money, and I had no idea what any of the materials did. Got a Cronus bp, made it. Nice wep yo.

Got all of my abilities, levelled them up, and recently got an Orokin reactor to make my Loki even hotter.

Anyway, I've been seeing a lot of debate over the usefulness of the Loki frame, and I'll admit, I've personally never done >25% damage full squads. (cells?) But I love my frame. I love it. I'm honestly happy that I chose Loki. I like the Excal frame, and it does  some pretty heavy damage, but a newcomer's opinion is completely unrestricted, so let's get a small run.

Decoy: I keep this baby up almost perpetually. Crush, Bastille, World on Fire, almost anyone with an AoE seems to appreciate this since it keeps baddies off them. Ancients? Decoy. Heavy Gunners? Decoy ( Disarm is better though). Corpus barrage of troops? Decoy. There's nothing that this baby can't do.

Invisibility: This skill is f'n OP. OPPPPP I say. Invis, shoot people. Invis, shotgun people. Invis, chop up people. Invis, run from overpowered areas. Invis, charge melee. Invis, kill enemy.

Switch Teleport: I still don't get why people don't like this skill. Sure, it can't be used alone, but hey, it's still nice. Grineer 'security force'? Switch with their Shield Lancer (there's always one), Invis, and AoE. Even a Cronus AoE will do. Scindo is havoc. Proceed to take out all knocked down opponents. Recast Invis if needed.

Radial Disarm: If I could marry this skill, I would. Combined with melee aoe and Invis, this skill has OP written all over it. Grineer Heavy Gunner? Well, too bad, I'll be taking that gun. Wave 17 on a t2 Corpus def? Well, let's see how the Corpus remember melee fighting. RD, Invis, AoE. And you've set up the stage for all your guys to kill all of the enemy.

Sure, I don't have 900 shields, and 550 HP, but hey, I don't need it.

The thing about Loki is that you need to nicely combo different things. Decoy? Follow up with AoE and RD. Invis? GTFO there or AoE knockdown. Switch Tele? Combine with Invis and AoE knockdown.

Anyway, so I'm from India, and I came across this game on Steam. Big fan of sci-fi stuff (CaC, SC2: HOTS, and now Warframe).

So, hello to all again. :D

Edited by Chronowarper

Hello there and thank you. :D

Well, it's been a while, sorry about that. >.>

Anyway, I got to know about this game from an advert on Steam. My love for science-fiction took over rabidly (not misspelling rapidly. Notice how both words make sense), and I decided to download it. ;D

One of the best mistakes of my life.

Hi Chronowarper

I'm in the exact same boat as you. Started about a month ago as I go a promo code in a my PC Gamer mag for £20 worth of platinum. Since then I've been totally hooked. Started with a loki frame as well and I really like it. Decoy/invisibility combo and switch teleport/radial disarm can be devastating on grineer or corpus patrols.

Yeah it would be nice if it had a direct damage ability and against infected radial disarm is utterly pointless but meh, it's still a good frame.  

At the moment I'm look to rank up my excal prime (Yeah I plumbed for founder status).

My IGN is the same as my forum name so maybe I'll see you in the field. Good fortune Tenno.

Edited by thehappywanderer

Hello there. :D

I used my 30 plat to speed up a Dethcubebuild (OMFG WHY DID I DO THAT?) and then the remaining 20 to get an extra Warframe slot (Loki, Banshee, Frost Prime. I can play all roles pretty well).

I gotta say, this game was very well made and despite a few minor flaws (I'll go to the Warframe Improvement forum next), it's pretty damn amazing. ;D