The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Anisotropic Filtering causing FPS drops in Orb Vallis

Offmycheese

I noticed the Anisotropic Filtering setting causes up to a 20 fps (averaging 10-15) when enabled in Orb Vallis. Regardless if it's 4x or 16x, the drop amount stays the same. I noticed the drop stayed consistent near bodies of coolant water, when firing my gun and in fights, but otherwise seemed to come at random. Turning it off allowed Orb Vallis to run absolutely perfectly for me, everything else was maxed at a smooth 60fps, even during intense fights. This has not happened in any other area in Warframe, it only occurs in Orb Vallis. My personal guess is that AF is being applied to certain objects and FX when it shouldn't be, causing more strain on the game than it should.

I don't know if you're already aware of this or not and I don't know the exact steps needed to reproduce it, but I can tell you that I have both DX10 and DX11 enabled in my launcher, and aside from AF I have all of my settings maxed at a smooth 60fps. It seems to be a bug that's affecting a large number of people and is only remedied by turning AF off completely, which obviously doesn't help the visual appeal.

GTX 1050Ti 4gb

i3 6100 3.7ghz

8gb DDR4

Windows 10 

1920x1080 60hz