Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Change Good, But Confusing

zelgaris

And by confusing I mean:

1) In compatible mods bar, we don't know, what mods are currently equipped elsewhere. Just add "installed" icon there, but with different color or similar icon. Let's say I have 5 same mods with the same rank and I want to equip the one I already have equipped somewhere else.... how do I find it fast?

EDIT: In order to prevent possible misunderstanding check the fig. below.

2013-09-09_00001.jpg

2) We don't know, where exactly the mods are currently equipped and what is the remaining capacity (and rank) on that item - yes, these information are actually important but you can possibly find them useless.

Add on hover tool tip there with something like this:

Vasto 23 (1)

Afuris 30 (5)

Akbolto 12 (3)

Such as this in case of Warframe

2013-09-09_00003.jpg

Thank you

Edited by zelgaris

yea. its a lil confusing atm, trying to figure out which is which and such. hope it becomes much more easier to understand. i probs might get use to it sooner or later i guess haha.

By "get use to it" you've meant "knowing by rote the exact placement of the particular mod in all your weaponry"? :)

i still don't get, why we can see, what mods are already installed in Mod Collection, but not in a place, we actually use to install them, i.e. in Compatible Mods bar (also finally add horizontal scroll bar instead of those pages).

---

I have a silly theory on this (not trying to offend anybody, but probably will).

It looks to me more and more that this is just some kind of fancy DE PR stunt - they take a good idea from forums (or came with something on their own) and implement it in half-assed way to bring attention to the feature. Then they wait for comments and polish it a bit in reaction, but not to much, still leaving it largely half-assed for a time until finally polishing it - which AFAIK didn't happen and we are waiting for the final part :)

In the end this approach looks "indie" as much as unprofessional and creates sometimes really confusing experience for player.

Current examples:

- Auras 2.0 (change from artifacts to mods and then from taking capacity to adding it)

- Foundry (duh... rush cost is still absolute instead of relative to time, etc.)

- New Mod Configuration (this thread)

- Party health bars/tabs (we can toggle it on/off, but it is in same space as chat and... https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/20245-party-health-tabs-onoff-new-layout-etc/ and https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/20245-party-health-tabs-onoff-new-layout-etc/?p=586516 )

- Harder difficulty, which was implemented by random extravaganza Nightmare mode (and there are some threads full of hate on this abomination)

- Weapon and warframe stats (I mean those default stats in arsenal, which doesn't change no matter how many mods are installed and those stats we don't even have in the UI and we have to check wiki to know them... https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/21733-suggestion-warframe-stats/ )

...or it can be there is nobody skilled enough to handle these or nobody on the team think stuff like this is important.

Mods that are installed are coloured, mods that aren't installed anywhere are greyed out. Though I can't say its not alittle confusing when upgrading mods but then the benefit of not reequipping mods everytime i change my loadout...

They have color and "installed" icon in Mod Collection but not in Compatible Mods bar in Mod Configuration screen of warframe or weapon.

The benefit is clear, but with benefit like this should come also properly adjusted GUI.

Actually I don't think you should expect much out of this. As per the Update notes and hints dropped in the livestream, this current system seems to be a temporary solution until DE works out the loadout stuff.

Not that i don't see your point, but i doubt they'll put much effort into a temporary placeholder when the shiny new loadouts are in the works.

Actually I don't think you should expect much out of this. As per the Update notes and hints dropped in the livestream, this current system seems to be a temporary solution until DE works out the loadout stuff.

Not that i don't see your point, but i doubt they'll put much effort into a temporary placeholder when the shiny new loadouts are in the works.

Well even if loadouts/presets are implemented you still need to somehow install the mods to warframe and weapon first and then save them.

Current state is really temporary only in case they allow us to change (lower) the mod rank dynamically according our need.

So let's say we have one Rage rank 3 in our Mod Collection, and it can be used in one one warframe as Rage rank 9, but on other warframe as Rage rank 2 (because we have no space there for Rage rank 3).

This was suggested on forums, but AFAIK no confirmation from DE on this.

But even then, when installing unranked mods - how do I find the one particular Ammo Drum between tens of them?

There is just no reason to not be able to tell, which mods are installed elsewhere in Compatible Mods bar.

Still no improvement.

Currently I was unable to install "Cryo rounds" on Dread, because I allegedly have this mod installed on sentinel - I can't apparently, in classic DE inconsistent fashion, use the same mods on sentinel and primary weapon at the same time...

But the problem, which I described before, is, I can't tell which mods I have on a sentinel, because UI designer don't think it is necessary for us to tell so from the Compatible mods bar...