Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With Each Mod Ui Update, It Takes Longer And Longer To Find Required Mods

JustDont

As it says.

First we lost the abitily to use ascending or descending sort order, and were forced to use only descending. Despite numerous ourcries, nothing was done to return the feature back.

Now we are forced to deal with 100500 already equipped mods forcibly displayed in the mods screen with NO WAY to turn it off. Okay, we could've just deal with it and fuse our duplicates, but then we have this nice little gem from the patch notes -- "Addition: If you find yourself saying "Now I wasted mods fusing up duplicate X because I can equip the same mod twice on Sentinel/etc." This will likely not be possible in the future so don't sell your duplicates!".

So, uhhhh, we can't even fuse them to get rid of them!

/rant end

So, ideas? Assuming that someone from DE even reads this particular subforum (which doesn't seem to be the case).

1) Introduce every new UI feature as an OPTION, not as a default behavior that can't be disabled or switched off.

2) Implement USEFUL mod filters (instead of those "warframe, primary, etc."). One particularly useful filter would be "duplicates". Two other very useful ones will be "mods that are (aren't) maxed".

3) For ****** sake, return the ascending/descending sort!

PS: Why existing filters (asides from the "cores" one) are worthless? Because typical mod screen operations (fuse, transmute, sell) happen to be not restricted by mod type. Mod types matter when you equip them, but it's done on a separate UI screen that's already filtered by type.

Also separate rifle and shotgun mods into their own tabs.  I understand they're both primaries, but as far as I know, they share no mods.

A toggle for locking/hidding equipped for non-level 0 mods would be quite welcomed as well.

Personally I preferred not seeing mods I had equipped.  I would actually equip things like skills on unused frames so they'd be out of the MASSIVELY long mod list.

Just discovered another "nice" thing about the new UI --

I went ahead and installed a mod into several guns. Two missions later, I'm fusing stuff and suddenly get a "you can't fuse because that's more than your mod capacity". OKAY. Here comes a great question: which weapon out of 10 is actually mod-capped?

I went ahead and installed a mod into several guns. Two missions later, I'm fusing stuff and suddenly get a "you can't fuse because that's more than your mod capacity". OKAY. Here comes a great question: which weapon out of 10 is actually mod-capped?

I've been thinking about this myself over the past day. Make no mistake: I love the change they did to ease the pain of constantly deequiping and reequiping mods every time you change your loadout and having to keep a log of what you use where. But I can bvery easily see modding becoming a jigsaw puzzle in the future where you can't upgrade a mod because it'd put you over thel imit on other useful builds you enjoy on other weapons. After some brainstorming, here's my thought!

I'm not terribly sure how viable this is from a development standpoint, but what about giving flexibility to the mod UI by making you be able to choose the benefits of a mod up to it's current rank on a equip-by-equip basis? Here's an example:

Let's say I have a rank 5 Vitality mod (Requires 7 points) I want it on Mag, but I only have 5 points available on her. I could drag and drop it onto her mod grid, and use the mouse wheel while hovering my mouse over the mod to cycle it between rank 0 (2 points), rank 1 (3 points), rank 2 (4 points), or rank 3 (5 points). I set it at rank three, and the mod only benefits Mag as a rank 3 Vitality mod would. I could also choose to upgrade my Vitality mod to rank 6 without an error message telling me it would cause my warframe to exceed her alloted mod points.

This is my first post on these forums, so please pardon me if this suggestion has been brought up already. Hopefully it's not too horrible! :)

Don't worry, they're making it so that each mod can only be slotted on one weapon like before again.

Don't worry, they're making it so that each mod can only be slotted on one weapon like before again.

I highly doubt that. If anything, they are making it so you can't use a single mod in both your sentinel and your weapon (although that's a rather big problem from the UIs standpoint).

The basis of their UI update was very good, it's just the fact that finer points are horrible.

I'm not terribly sure how viable this is from a development standpoint, but what about giving flexibility to the mod UI by making you be able to choose the benefits of a mod up to it's current rank on a equip-by-equip basis?

I was thinking along the same lines.  This would be a great idea IMHO.  Would also remove the need to keep low level versions of various mods for when you level a new frame or weapon, or forma an old one.  It would also lead to build experimentation and diversity.