Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tell Me How Many Minutes Ago A Post Was Made, Not When

Sowlsteeler

I shouldn't need to figure out the time difference (2 hours, currently) between wherever I happen to be and where "the forum is".

Just tell me how many hours/minutes ago a post was made. After 24 hours, go to 1/2/3 days ago, and so on. This would make all those Alert threads far more useful at a glance (and the whole forum, honestly).

Sorry if this is somewhere else, I didn't see it, but I didn't read every thread here either.

Really enjoying the game so far,

SS

You can set your timezone in your profile to show the post times in your local time zone. Upper left corner, click on your usename and then click "Edit my profile". Select your timezone and save changes. Hope this helps!

Thanks so much! This did help. *And* you weren't snarky! (Am I really on the internet?)

Part of why I was bringing it up was that I travel a lot. It's not crazy for me to have to change my time zone periodically, but it still seems a little archaiac. I've been going to Giant Bomb (which ironically is down now) a lot and they have a "X minutes ago" in their forums that really just gives you this instant information feeling - stupid as it sounds, we don't always know exactly what time it is. But 1 minute ago? That's now!

I know it's being picky but I think it makes a difference.

Thanks so much! This did help. *And* you weren't snarky! (Am I really on the internet?)

I'm just not the snarky type, I guess. :)

Well, I agree a "x minutes ago" would be nice. Especially if one is travelling through timezones like you. Maybe if you ask nicely, Kiwi might look into it. Hopefully the timezone settings can help for now.

@Kiwi: Are you still taking requests / adding functionality to the forums? Have you handed over the whole thing to DE or are you still involved in it in some capacity?

I'm just not the snarky type, I guess. :)

Well, I agree a "x minutes ago" would be nice. Especially if one is travelling through timezones like you. Maybe if you ask nicely, Kiwi might look into it. Hopefully the timezone settings can help for now.

@Kiwi: Are you still taking requests / adding functionality to the forums? Have you handed over the whole thing to DE or are you still involved in it in some capacity?

Yeah I'm still working on them.

Also as long as you have the right timezone here: ( https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core ) it will say how long ago it was posted compared to where you live. Hope this helps