Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Cosplay

Barrymweb10

Has anyone ever worked with "EVA" foam before? I tried putting together a mock-up version of the frost warframe made of paper (sort of like pepakura) what with all the parts but I'm seriously just thinking of jumping right into using a more rigid material. The paper didn't enjoy being bent into the weird warframe angles so I ended up having to ditch it.

Woah yeah that looks pretty good! Shame how old that post is, doesn't look like it's ever going to be updated any time soon. Not sure why the OP went with a reusable clay, not very stable... and with sunlight your costume might melt XD. I'm gunna try doing it similar to the Ember helmet style with the bendable foam mats. Probably gunna then glue leather over the foam after.

Any ideas for LEDs for the eyes for the grineer?

You can probably find some small little LEDs in dollar store toys if you want to keep it to a budget. Perhaps some of those small electric candles could be used to make the eyes flicker if you wanted that effect. If you want to learn something new building an electrical circuit like I posted about earlier is another option but that's kind of hard.

Remember me? I'm the guy who has no idea what the heck he's doing.

In regards to my earlier-mentioned helmet idea, I designed this following linked concept art:

http://morec0.deviantart.com/art/The-Conflagration-Cosplay-Concept-427169993

I have no idea how to post images (at least, not in a way that work anymore)

Regardless, that design is for more of a mask-variant (to save on material, since I'll be using a hood to cover up the back). Also regardless, I remain painfully aware that I cannot draw.

I want this thread brought back, this was an entertaining thread.

Remember me?...

It's never dead for those who subscribe ^.^ Your sketch looks pretty good and it's easy to understand, but keep in mind getting spherical edges are hard. Especially if you're using a foam or any sort of material that comes in sheets. Unless you're carefully applying heat to get that perfect round surface you're really only going to be able to do what was done on that ember helmet (lots of little bits). Now if you're using paper clay you may have an easier time to get that round surface, but you'd have to compensate by sanding it a ton. Personally I'd suggest designing something less round for sake of ease if it's your first time. (Something like Loki or Frost as opposed to nova, mag or volt) although that's just my humble opinion.

UPDATE: Actual construction of the Frost Costume has been postponed for a couple weeks because of exams but I'll be back in full swing by the end of the month. I already picked up the materials and if it's up to my personal standard (which it probably won't be) I may take it over to DE since they're only a couple hours away. But it would need to be at least as good as their Excalibur statue if not better.

• 7 months later...

I wish I could take the 3D model of the corpus, with that make a cosplay is gonna be extremely easy (or at least take the measures)... I already got in mind all materials for each suit part, but my loki isn't enough to take some screenshots...

I tried to use the tech lab's decorations but still can't take the measures.

Edited by PCwarrior_99

• 3 months later...

I'm actually workin on a few Warframe cosplays muhself.

Main focus is Saryn currently, and then Mirage since she's my ultimate main c:

aqdJfqF.jpg

Bodysuit fabric, ready to be sewn.

---

Dat Stalker mask tho. Dayuuuum.

Edited by Dagnie

• 1 month later...

Yoyoyo so, anyone by chance working on/planning on doing any Warframe cosplays for PAX Prime at the end of the year?

Maybe we can have a meetup or do a photoshoot or something if so! C:

(I wanna meet other Warframe cosplayers so bad since it'd be rad rofllll)