Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Non-Event Events : Alert Weekends

noneuklid

It was mentioned that doing weekend events takes a lot out of the team, so how about a lower-impact Non-Event?  I doubt I'm the first to suggest something like this, but I'll add my own ideas to the mix.  They might take some initial set-up, but I think it'd pay off -- kind of like stocking your freezer with chicken for those nights you don't want to call out for pizza, but just can't be axed to make filet mignon.

Alert Weekends could maybe be planned for once a month, and have:

• Constant Alerts : At least two alerts would be up at all times.

• ? Alerts : I haven't seen these in a while -- maybe missed a patch note about them.  In any case, slightly different... could have a drop table of most non-exclusive rare mods, unusual blueprints, and 2-4 rare components.

• Featured  Alert : The weekend would feature a 48-hour Alert for a pre-determined rare blueprint or module.  In addition, the alert could be repeated -- repeating the alert would instead give a secondary reward (like a rare Fusion Mod, a single but fixed rare component, more Credits, or some other generically useful thing).  I'm think this might require some new tech (since the idea is that some people could be doing the Alert for the first time to get the special reward, and others joining it could be repeats -- not sure if that's currently supported), but it seems worthwhile.

I'd ask that the Featured Alert deliberately never be a Defense mission (Mobile Defense would be fine, though!)

You haven't seen ? alerts because they aren't ? anymore. If an alert has blueprints, auras, helmets or anything like that it tells you on the alert now.

As for the rest I honestly can't see the point of having 2 alerts up at all times, they generally have at least 1 going at all times atm and it's usually just credits, which no-one really does anyway. The featured alert weekend sounds cool but the problem is that, again, alot of the rewards just wouldn't be worth the time put into it. The primary reward might be cool, but you can get credits far easier by doing void missions, mods by doing defences/mobile defences etc.... I don't think they really need to make this game any easier than it is already.

As for the rest I honestly can't see the point of having 2 alerts up at all times, they generally have at least 1 going at all times atm and it's usually just credits, which no-one really does anyway. The featured alert weekend sounds cool but the problem is that, again, alot of the rewards just wouldn't be worth the time put into it. The primary reward might be cool, but you can get credits far easier by doing void missions, mods by doing defences/mobile defences etc.... I don't think they really need to make this game any easier than it is already.

The reason I suggested two alerts up at all times was because I can usually clear an alert in 10-20 minutes, even without particularly rushing.  So I'll frequently finish the Alert that's up and not see another one for twenty minutes or more.  I think it would also help ensure that even players without much/all of the map unlocked would have an Alert available to do.

You're right about getting a lot more credits from Void missions, and from many rewards being much easier from Defense missions.  Something they said in the Livestream suggests that Void credit rewards are going to be rebalanced, which is part of it... as for Defense missions, well, frankly I'm getting a bit sick of them.  They are so far and away the best missions to farm for most things (with a large number of enemies that must be defeated to progress the mission, tending to drop their stuff all together, with a bonus special reward for doing so) that they've lost quite a bit of their novelty.

Which is why I asked for explicitly non-Defense missions -- Alerts, and revamped ? Alerts particularly, would add that reason to do non-Defense missions when looking for a particular reward.  I think something more elaborate could (and possibly should) be done to address Defense in the future, but I do think this could be a fun start to evening out the game modes a bit.

The reason I suggested two alerts up at all times was because I can usually clear an alert in 10-20 minutes, even without particularly rushing.  So I'll frequently finish the Alert that's up and not see another one for twenty minutes or more.  I think it would also help ensure that even players without much/all of the map unlocked would have an Alert available to do.

Yes but what I was trying to say is that having 2 alerts up at all times would be pointless as, 9 times out of 10, they're credit rewards only. You can get those just by playing any regular mission, so in the long run it would be just as easy to go do a random map instead. The excuse that it would be something to do for someone who has all the maps done is silly when you realize that these alerts happen on one of those planets and not in it's own special area.

I've actually found it pretty easy to run credit alerts, honestly; my chances of queueing for a random mission and getting a full squad are pretty low, but I almost always have one for an Alert even if the reward is only like 2k credits.

I didn't say it was hard, just pointless. The credits aren't really worth the time.

I didn't say it was hard, just pointless. The credits aren't really worth the time.

Maybe not to you but I'd do em. I'm always running low lol. I'd guess I'm not the only one either :P Earn creds, fuse mods, earn creds, build something, earn creds, rinse and repeat. I've never got more then 90k at a time before fusing or building enough to wipe them.

Maybe not to you but I'd do em. I'm always running low lol. I'd guess I'm not the only one either :P Earn creds, fuse mods, earn creds, build something, earn creds, rinse and repeat. I've never got more then 90k at a time before fusing or building enough to wipe them.

xD I don't really ever run below a million. But then I run void missions alot so that's probably why.