Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trade System Model

NN13

I cudnt find a suggestion section so I posted it here.

So,in livestream 12,Devs said that they were thinking on a way to implement a Trading System. So,I came up with a model.

This whole idea is just my own opinion. Any comment ,suggestion is welcome. =)

--> The System should include 2 types of trading....

1. Auction House- In this method, a user will choose what he/she wants to put in auction house and give a written written description about what he/she wants in return. (This will help to stop spamming in the chat)

2. Private Trading- This shud be among friends in-game. Its like ABC saying-"Hey XYZ,I have Vauban Systems BP which u said u need,instead give me Trinity Chassis BP or 2 unranked FLOW Mod".

Now there is no problem in the AUCTION HOUSE method since it will be just like buying from the market in-game.

**As for the private trading,it shud occur simultaneously for both users. So it will have 2 boxes(like when transmuting mods we have 4 box to fill up before we can transmute). Then it will have a button "TRADE" for both users which wont work till both the users have choosen a particular object to trade and filled it in one of the boxes. The users choose what they want to trade,sets the quantity for it(like 2 FLOW Mods) and will click "TRADE". Trade wont occur until both users hits the "TRADE" button. It will also have a "CANCEL" button to cancel trade,incase its needed.

Now,the IMP part....What are the things that shud/shudnt be allowed to tarde.....

1. Trading PLATINUM will obviously be a strict "NO".

2. BPs of weapons cannot be traded. This wont allow users to circumvent the Mastery Rank caps on weapons. However,weapon part BPs or rather weapon parts(like LATRON PRIME  STOCK BP or LATRON PRIME STOCK) can be allowed to trade.

3. Just like weapons,Warframe BPs cannot be traded. This wud stop users from using RHINO before reaching Rank 2.

Warframe Part BPs or Warframe Parts(which have been built) can be allowed.

4. (OPTIONAL)-While users can trade MODS by the Private Trading method,trading of mods shud not be allowed in the Auction House(since the Auction House will be full of thousands of mods). Though this can be solved by introducing TAB system in the Auction House(Just like we have different sections for different Mods).

5. I dont see a problem in trading OROKIN CATALYST and OROKIN REACTOR,though it depends on the DEVs to choose.

6. One can also trade items for credits(Like one user trades his Ember Chassis BP for 200000 credits).

I am kinda 50/50 for the trading system as this way will make the game cycle shorter as people may not bother to farm what they need...and people will be abusing the system. And one important factor is DE will make less money...lets imagine that, lots of people selling their stalker weapon bp...and so who gonna spend 800plat to buy that stalker pack?

I know sometimes its a pain in the *** trying to farm a bp for the warframe/weapon...I do want a trading system when I am stuck with RnG god...

Suggestions like can be placed in Gameplay Feedback section. 

Also, I've heard from the livestream that we might be able to sell mods for plats. Something along the line of 'I'm selling my maxed Hornet Strike for 200 plats'. 

Selling Mods for Platinum,IMO,shud be and will be a strict "NO".

Though I hate the number of Warframe and weapons slots given to free users(which is not even 1/3,considering there will be 17 Warframes in U10),I dont want this game to break and die.

And it will certainly die(like the JACKAL boss) if it allows us to sell mods for platinum.

And I am pretty sure DEVs wont give u Platinum for mods..... =P

1. Written descriptions in auction houses are bad. They can't be searched efficiently and are prone to user error. Whenever possible, they should be abandoned in favor of either multiple choice selections or better yet, simple currency.

2. Trading weapon or warframe parts drastically changes effective droprates. Take warframe parts for example. If we assume all parts having a shared droprate of 10% (made up number) and then an equal chance for each of them, that makes for an effective droprate of 3.33% for a specific part. The chance to get one of each kind would be calculated as 10%/6.66%/3.33% = 55 runs on average. If we enable trading, every part could be traded for every other one, making it an effective 10%%10%%10% = 30 runs on average. While that might sound nice for the players, it considerably changes it from the way DE originally intended drop rates to work, and that is something to consider.

lol trading weapon parts? that's a bad idea since there would be people with extra latron prime receiver, braton prime barrels. and the newbies or lazy people will just get them easily by trading with them, like say... trade a braton prime barrel for a latron prime barrel. so no

Trading should require mastery 5 or higher, seeing as people could just make an account and buy 2 potatoes and trade them over to their main, etc.

Ok,now I see the problem with trading CATALYST and REACTOR.

But requiring Mastery 5 or higher will be too much pain for new players.

My suggestion would be "Dont allow to trade Catalyst and Reactor,or anything which has a price less than 50 platinum"...

1. Written descriptions in auction houses are bad. They can't be searched efficiently and are prone to user error. Whenever possible, they should be abandoned in favor of either multiple choice selections or better yet, simple currency.

2. Trading weapon or warframe parts drastically changes effective droprates. Take warframe parts for example. If we assume all parts having a shared droprate of 10% (made up number) and then an equal chance for each of them, that makes for an effective droprate of 3.33% for a specific part. The chance to get one of each kind would be calculated as 10%/6.66%/3.33% = 55 runs on average. If we enable trading, every part could be traded for every other one, making it an effective 10%%10%%10% = 30 runs on average. While that might sound nice for the players, it considerably changes it from the way DE originally intended drop rates to work, and that is something to consider.

I got ur point abt the Drop Rates,but the whole point of Trading systems is to acquire something a bit easily,dont u agree. If this is the case then DE shudnt implement Trading Systems.

lol trading weapon parts? that's a bad idea since there would be people with extra latron prime receiver, braton prime barrels. and the newbies or lazy people will just get them easily by trading with them, like say... trade a braton prime barrel for a latron prime barrel. so no

Trading Weapon Parts doesnt seem like a bad idea. If u trade a Latron Prome Receiver, u will probably want something of that value only,say Paris Prime Upper Limb. Now,all those lazy people u r talking abt wont certainly have that,isnt it?? N if someone has a Paris Prime part,he will most probably be a pretty active player....

Trading Weapon Parts doesnt seem like a bad idea. If u trade a Latron Prome Receiver, u will probably want something of that value only,say Paris Prime Upper Limb. Now,all those lazy people u r talking abt wont certainly have that,isnt it?? N if someone has a Paris Prime part,he will most probably be a pretty active player....

trust me there will always be that kind enough guy who would do that, i mean look at me i'm stuck with 5 upper limbs enough to build myself 3 more paris primes and yet i still don't have braton barrel and fang prime bp.

trust me there will always be that kind enough guy who would do that, i mean look at me i'm stuck with 5 upper limbs enough to build myself 3 more paris primes and yet i still don't have braton barrel and fang prime bp.

Thats the whole point of trading system.....So If I trade with u I can give u Fang Prime BP(Which I wont since I have only one =P) n u can give me one Paris Prime Upper Limb.....

So now we only can trade weapons and warframes.

And MODS.....What else is there to trade??!!

And lets be honest,90% of the users wont trade CATALYST n REACTOR....They wud keep it for their own weapons and Warframes.....

Thats the whole point of trading system.....So If I trade with u I can give u Fang Prime BP(Which I wont since I have only one =P) n u can give me one Paris Prime Upper Limb.....

you see, with this trade system there will bound to be hackers too after they hacked your account, it's all GG for your entire account :T that's what i hate about games with trade systems/ gift systems