The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Audio "grinding" / "robot" glitching rises in intensity until computer locks

Zero_Effect

Issue: Sometimes computer audio begins to play glitch/robot/grinding sounds. This affects all computer audio, but only occurs while Warframe is running. If I continue to let Warframe tax the computer, it will eventually lock the computer (no crash, no bluescreen, just full-stop; only fix is to use the physical power button to restart).
This occurs most often among the highest enemy density areas, like ESO, but can occur anywhere. Higher enemy density causes the issue to escalate faster.

Link to a video of the error: https://www.dropbox.com/s/00g543ionmdz1e2/warframe audio glitch.flv?dl=0

Note that the glitchy sound is present early on, but can be hard to notice. It escalates to a point where it begins to affect performance and I actually stopped recording earlier than intended because it was getting to the point where it would certainly lock up the computer.

The task manager shows nothing interesting (OBS is taking 50% CPU, but this issue occurs when OBS is not running, and Warframe is taking its normal amount of resources; it's not being squeezed by OBS). I also used GPU-Z to examine the graphics load and there is nothing untoward occurring there.

The issue does not occur every time I run Warframe (or even every time I go crazy in ESO), but once there is any audio grind at all, the only solution to prevent the eventual hard lock is to restart the computer. Closing Warframe allows the issue to recover, but opening Warframe will cause the issue to quickly return to its previous intensity.

I have tried with all other non-system applications deactivated, and this has no effect on the issue.

I'm trying to solve a persistent audio issue in an application of my own right now, so I know how frustrating/"impossible" this can be to fix. Whee, computers.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 2GB ram, Intel i7 930 @2.8GHz; NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. No anti-virus active while Warframe is running; windows search indexing deactivated.