Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

EQUINOX changes, discussion

BearWolf

Equinox: playstyle, abilities and augment changes. (in my opinion)

1.playstyle:

“split between day and night, Equinox manifest aggressive and defensive forms at will.”

From reading the description found in the codex I imagine equinox as a frame who brings the platform to the player, choosing his own playstyle with equinox.

As it stands today, equinox fails to meet this expectation in some ways. while you might say all the right cards are there, and i think they truly are, she can play defensive with maim or aggressive with rest, she can be a great support with provoke and mend. But out of 7 abilities only 4 are useable, and it's a shame when there is so much potential.

These changes will help equinox find greater build variety while fixing long standing problems

2.changes:

Passive: the passive is underwhelming, but can be worked around, if we make equinox health conversion viable. meaning giving him access to health orbs the passive would act as great mod space saver, for stacking health orbs with full health.

Metamorphosis:

Nerf it and make its effects passive, no energy cost on cast, reduce casting time.

Instead of endorsing players to switch forms it fails on every level as it does not endorse,it enforce players to switch forms just to stay effective, changing forms should be a choice. i think making it passive the best option as well as reducing cast time or making it alot more smoother then it is currently.

NIGHT FORM

-PACIFY

1. Remove the inner ring mechanic,

2. Remove the confusing formula and hardcap it at 85%-90%,

3. Alleys get half the dmg resistance (also caps at 85-90)

4. Buff the base dmg resistance abit 50 > 60%

5. Buff range to 18m

EXPLANATION

1. Absolutely anti-synergetic you just can't have any value with this ability to build for it as it stands right now, building for strength for a very weak defensive ability.

2. The formula is a bit weird it has the same “thing” with armor scaling as the more strength you have the less dmg% you will get, just like armor you can never achieve 100% dmg reduction. the problem is a 350% strength Equinox has the same dmg resistance as 130% gara. oh and in a 3m radius 

formula (from wikia): Modified Damage Reduction = 1 − [Base Damage Reduction ÷ (1 + Ability Strength)].

3. My image with pacify is simple, you gain great dmg resistance and with mend you also gain overshields affected by your dmg resistance, this synchronization should also apply to allies. overshields by themselves are pretty useless with no dmg resistance.

4.most equinox builds are range heavy, so helping reach that 90% would be splendid.

5.18m is maim and mend range, pacify and provoke have a much clearer identification for what you ability covers having the 2 abilities with different ranges is silly.

-MEND

The higher the charge you have the higher chance to drop an health orb on a kill.

Like armor never reaching 100% but getting closer and closer the higher its value is. For better scaling with enemies on lower lvls should take enemy lvl into the formula. hardcap 50%  drop chance.

The problem with MEND is that with all the charge you gain its way way over heals everything in the game, having the health orbs will sync well with the passive and provide equinox with a way to replenish energy

got a suggestion from a discord user that for a better indication on mend and maim simply getting affected by energy colour.

DAY FORM

*i dont think day form abilities should be buffed that much or at all, its a great form with only rage having problems, i dont have much to say, so i hope to see feedback.

-RAGE

should completely be redone, nothing it does speedva can't do better.  i would really like to see feedback on how to change this ability while still keeping equinox's day form theme.

-PROVOKE

increase range 16m>18m

AUGMENTS

Duality

-Great dmg potential, poor performance makes this augment very confusing to use.

1. Specter needs to scale with enemy lvl, the specter has the same defensive stats as Equinox the problem is that the specter doesnt act like a player. its an open target who usually doesnt move. to help keep it active for more the one sec it should be affected by enemy scalling.

2. Improve A.I pathing and targeting, and in general its bad: specter targets enemies in other rooms rather the ones right infront of him, specter struggles to stay close to equinox

3. Command to stay with x, like other specters this should be helpfull.

Peaceful provocation

1. Slow should be charged by enemies killed and not dmg taken, its not scaleable, because if i fight some very high leveled enemies i wont reach the slow max effect before i die and lose all slow affect%. this could be fixed if equinox could be built to tank, but currently with current pacify its just not there.

Energy Transfer

Make it exilus. its fine, should have been a feature but eh its useful enough.

Last suggestion: maybe different modding table for each form? that would solve a lot of troubles.

Edited by ToruShojiro
added more explanations and suggestions according to critisim given

I thought juste having different stats for each forms, making the night one more defensive, the other more offensive, would be great, but you have good ideas too, especially for this one

Citation

Metamorphosis:

Nerf it and make its effects passive, no energy cost on cast, reduce casting time.

The changes for pacify would make it a lot easier to play, maybe too easy, I'm not sure it would be that good. Or maybe remove the inner ring thing, but have a lower reducing damage than what you said, I think 75-80% would be totally enough, especially if you use the augment on it.

Citation

Peaceful provocation

1. Slow should be charged by enemies killed and not dmg taken, its not scaleable, because if i fight some very high leveled enemies i wont reach the slow max effect before i die and lose all slow affect%. this could be fixed if equinox could be built to tank, but currently with current pacify its just not there.

That would be a great help too, I tried equinox in higher simulacre, you die almost all the time with no chance of slowing them enough.