Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Different Kind Of Melee Weapon

Spunt1nk

I would really like to give it back to those Grineer Scorpion ***** and their Grappling Hooks

I would really like to see something like a kusarigama that i could grapple them with the long chain end via a charged attack and then unleash hell upon them with the scythe on the other end. 

you could make it a heavy weapon to slow it up a bit and also to make it bloody hard to get.

you could make it only obtainable by using the hate, glave, salvage and a forma to craft it.
(even a dojo weapon)

i was thinking 

*30 damage 

*only half the range of the glave with the chain toss

*chance to rip off enemy head if wrapped around the neck upon pull

*same aiming system as the glave and kestrel (great for dragging enemies from elevated areas)

it would be a great weapon to give to necro as it would match his grim reaper looks

the best thing is that next time you see one of them chain tossing ***** you can beat them to it by dragging them to you and then sending them flying

here is a picture for reference

http://ninjagaiden.wikia.com/wiki/Kusari-Gama?file=KGNG3.png

if anyone has any other ideas or opinions to add to this i would like to see your feed back!

Edited by Mr_Slippy_Fist

Well they were wanting to impliment a grappling hook. Now that I think about it, there is one nina weapon they're missing that did function as a weapon and a grappling hook. It's basically a sharp, pointed tip at the end of a set of chains. I can't remember the actual name off the top of my head, but I'll ask someone I know who knows it

Edit: Ah, you already used the name: kusarigama. The real life version was literally just a pointed tip, though

Edited by Transmorphic_Wyvern

I think the hate already matches Necro.

Cool weapon idea. It's been brought up a couple times

i agree, the hate is what i was going to put with necro.

i just thought a kusari would be awesome.

if its been brought up a few time they might act on it with a bit of luck.

Well they were wanting to impliment a grappling hook. Now that I think about it, there is one nina weapon they're missing that did function as a weapon and a grappling hook. It's basically a sharp, pointed tip at the end of a set of chains. I can't remember the actual name off the top of my head, but I'll ask someone I know who knows it

Edit: Ah, you already used the name: kusarigama. The real life version was literally just a pointed tip, though

i never wanted the weapon to be used as a grappling hook, i agree with the devs it may take away from the wall running and climbing that has made the game as fun as it is

the weapon you might be thinking of may be the Kyoketsu-Shoge Knife, ALSO a great weapon idea!

http://www.karatemart.com/images/products/main/ninja-assassin-kyoketshu-shogei-knife.jpg

i think the guy from ninja assassin uses one (i love that movie)

i never wanted the weapon to be used as a grappling hook, i agree with the devs it may take away from the wall running and climbing that has made the game as fun as it is

the weapon you might be thinking of may be the Kyoketsu-Shoge Knife, ALSO a great weapon idea!

http://www.karatemart.com/images/products/main/ninja-assassin-kyoketshu-shogei-knife.jpg

i think the guy from ninja assassin uses one (i love that movie)

Yeah, that's the one! I think that'd be an amazing addition

Yeah, that's the one! I think that'd be an amazing addition

if they implemented that type of weapon they would have to go with a god of war (chaos blades) feel/fighting style with them to give them a massive wow effect to the gamer, they would be awesome for area/ranged 360 degree melee attacks.

Edited by Mr_Slippy_Fist