The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Huge Performance Drop After Hotfix 24.1.2/24.1.2.1

DuskKazuno

I have a decently high-end laptop, Helios 500, (i7 8750H, GTX1070 144Hz display) and would get locked frame rates of 144 @ 1080 very consistently (a bit of a drop in PoE and Vallis). After these recent hotfixes(and maybe my gpu update), I get at most 60fps on the exact same settings from before, maxed out everything.The only way I can get anything past 60 is by choosing the low preset or running at 720p (usually hit maybe 100ish). The moment I switch to medium or back up to 1080, my frame rates drop again. Oddly enough, my usage sits around 20% then shoots up to 95% or maxed out.

Also just updated to newest GeForce driver released 12/3/2018 : 417.22

tldr; good setup -> good frame rates and resolution.
Hotfix/updates applied -> way lower frame rates, much higher GPU usage

Any suggestions or similar experiences?

Edited by DuskKazuno

Alright, after lots of back and forth between Windows updates, Warframe Launcher Verify and Optimize tests, and as much fiddling as possible---

Just don't use 417.22

Reverting back to 417.01 fixed all my frame rate issues, in Warframe and other games.

On 2018-12-03 at 3:53 PM, DuskKazuno said:

Alright, after lots of back and forth between Windows updates, Warframe Launcher Verify and Optimize tests, and as much fiddling as possible---

Just don't use 417.22

Reverting back to 417.01 fixed all my frame rate issues, in Warframe and other games.

I just noticed this issue as well, how did you revert to 417.01?