The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Void Mobile Defense Stuttering Off-Host Since 9.8.0

blackgu4rd

So far only Void Mobile Defense (and maybe Capture, but I'm not sure; 100% certain Defense, Exterminate and Raid don't do it).

The game microstutters like crazy the entire time, and textures pop in and out. I've tried lowering texture resolution to minimum, lowering all details, and nothing. I've also tried leaving the game, restarting the game and getting reinvited.

This only happens when somebody else hosts the game - consistently the same people (i.e. if somebody hosts MD three times, all three will stutter), but does not apply to all hosts. 

Specs: 

Windows 7 x64 SP1

Phenom 9850

4GB DDR2 800 MHz

Geforce GTX 260 Core 216 - Driver version 326.80 with PhysX 9.13.0725

This has only been happening since 9.8.0, if memory serves. The graphics & PhysX drivers were installed on Aug 20th so they have been consistent between patches.

EDIT: One final note. I seem to be able to ZorenCopter the full distance, same as when having max framerate, but the actual framerate I'm seeing is 10-15 FPS. Looking at the ground doesn't improve anything. Performance is the same in all areas. I also have one-shot black frames while the engine struggles to render things, and this is not limited to entering new rooms.

EDIT 2: I'm going to sleep now; will check thread tomorrow once I wake up, in case additional information is requested.

Edited by blackgu4rd

I've also been getting stutter (seems quite a bit worse than microstutter, TBH), but it's worst when I host a room that only I am in. I'm using an Intel i5 3570K and a Radeon HD 7850, so I dunno if maybe AMD drivers have anything to do with it. My brother is using an AMD A10, and he's also noticed the stuttering. I haven't encountered any graphical glitches like you mentioned, and few freezes, but I haven't played a huge amount since the update. I know that before 9.8, I could max all settings at 1080p and get 60 FPS with no issues at all.