Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Vulkar

alphex

Needs a giant buff. Its easily out classed not to mention the lowest magazine in snipers besides the lanka. What they need to do is add a giant magazine to this gun and add high crit chance/damage to make it decent. Or just add armor pierce like the vandal. 

Edited by alphex

Vulkar already has 20% critical chance, which can be increased to 50%, with 150% critical damage, which is increased by Hammer Shot and Vital Sense, as well as 25 more base damage but the same clip and magazine size as the original Snipetron. It only lacks the innate armor piercing that Snipetron had, which sucks considering it was the replacement for that sniper. It definitely isn't the most praised - neither was the Snipetron until the Vandal came out - but that is how it is.

What other snipers are you comparing it to besides the Snipetron and Lanka? I can't think of any other guns labeled as an actual sniper rifle.

Edited by Aramet

Vulkar already has 20% critical chance, which can be increased to 50%, with 150% critical damage, which is increased by Hammer Shot and Vital Sense, as well as 25 more base damage but the same clip and magazine size as the original Snipetron. It only lacks the innate armor piercing that Snipetron had, which sucks considering it was the replacement for that sniper. It definitely isn't the most praised - neither was the Snipetron until the Vandal came out - but that is how it is.

What other snipers are you comparing it to besides the Snipetron and Lanka? I can't think of any other guns labeled as an actual sniper rifle.

All snipers have 20% crit chance which was why I though adding a bigger mag and crit chance would be better also

I think thats the point, the game only has 3 Snipers, 1 you can't get anymore (Sandal)and the other requires mastery 7. Which leaves the Vulkar until you can get the Lanka, which the Vulkar is worthless.

This for comparing snipers. I owe you one Lazor now I don't need to explain what I mean since I'm horrible at that.

Another sniper is definitely needed in the future though. One that players can actually use. Until then tweaking the vulkar is close enough!

Edited by alphex

It needs SOMETHING going for it for sure.

I personally put up a post ages ago asking to make the Vulkar a high damage single shot weapon with AP damage. Reloading after every shot would be an interesting mechanic, no?

It would seem to fit seeing as how the vulkar has a god awful fire rate. I was thinking of making the vulkar high fire rate with giant magazine and crit chance but either one sounds good. Though all snipers are one shot snipers but that doesn't  mean the vulkar shouldn't follow! 

It needs SOMETHING going for it for sure.

I personally put up a post ages ago asking to make the Vulkar a high damage single shot weapon with AP damage. Reloading after every shot would be an interesting mechanic, no?

It'd work terribly for most of the content, I would assume. Bolt action rifles are too slow to deal with the masses of enemies we usually encounter.

Though all snipers are one shot snipers but that doesn't  mean the vulkar shouldn't follow! 

I guess I deserved that for my poor wording.

I meant a single shot magazine. Like the Black Widow in Mass Effect or the M99 in the real world. 

-----

101blubb, on 10 Sept 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

It'd work terribly for most of the content, I would assume. Bolt action rifles are too slow to deal with the masses of enemies we usually encounter.

-----

I did not put that into account....hmm...perhaps innate puncture?

Edited by AscendantWyvern

We already have these kinda guns all snipers have low rate of fire. They take away fire rate for one hit killing those annoying lv 150 ancients.

I guess I deserved that for my poor wording.

I meant a single shot magazine. Like the Black Widow in Mass Effect or the M99 in the real world. 

AH! My bad that sounds great! Also innate puncture would be great for taking on crowds.

Edited by alphex

That doesn't gel with his proposition of "high damage single shot with AP damage".

It does actually. When you have one round in your magazine, you reload after every shot.

In order to make sure the weapon isn't completely useless, it has to have a high reload speed. One that's like the Bronco, maybe a TINY bit slower.

It does actually. When you have one round in your magazine, you reload after every shot.

In order to make sure the weapon isn't completely useless, it has to have a high reload speed. One that's like the Bronco, maybe a TINY bit slower.

We already have that. Bows are there for a reason, you know.

Give the gun a reload that's similar to what the bows offer while increasing the damage per shot and you run into the problem of having an entry-level gun that's more potent than necessary.

Edit: I wouldn't object if they added a gun with those mechanics with higher Mastery requirements.

Edited by 101blubb