Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problems With Fire Elemental

Lady_Khaos

So, when I started playing Warframe, fire damage was described as being strong because of doing DoT and making enemies vulnerable by panicking, similar to the possible stun that electrical gives and the slow that ice gives. However, the DoT never worked and the panic wears off almost instantly, if it's even there.

I'm really hoping this gets fixed with the damage system rewrite, because as it stands fire is effectively useless on all but the Infested. This is probably a large part of why everyone begs for an Ignis rework (and now that I have used the ignis, I agree with them).

No, the main reason people want a buff/change to the Ignis is that it's got terrible DPS, bad all round use and that the flames look horrible and if you move it fast it separates (like Terraria's flamethrower). Although to be honest, Electricity is mainly good on Corpus, AP on Grineer, and people wouldn't include it in every DPS build if it was bad.

No, the main reason people want a buff/change to the Ignis is that it's got terrible DPS, bad all round use and that the flames look horrible and if you move it fast it separates (like Terraria's flamethrower). Although to be honest, Electricity is mainly good on Corpus, AP on Grineer, and people wouldn't include it in every DPS build if it was bad.

AP is good against all factions but Light Infested (lol). Fire damage is affected by armor and is a sub-par damage source because of it.

Fire damage is still more effective than electrical damage, and it certainly helps that 2 great Nightmare mode mods offer fire damage. However freezing damage usually beats both damage types out in most cases, and AP damage beats all of them unless you are in a situation where crowd control is more important than damage.

Still, Ember's WoF does tend to panic Corpus Crewmen often enough, and on Pluto they die in about 4-5 ticks, recovering from the panic animation right before the 4th tick if I recall correctly.

Fire damage is still more effective than electrical damage, and it certainly helps that 2 great Nightmare mode mods offer fire damage. However freezing damage usually beats both damage types out in most cases, and AP damage beats all of them unless you are in a situation where crowd control is more important than damage.

Still, Ember's WoF does tend to panic Corpus Crewmen often enough, and on Pluto they die in about 4-5 ticks, recovering from the panic animation right before the 4th tick if I recall correctly.

Well I'm not just talking Ember in regards to the panic and DoT. Her abilities are meant to act that way. The mods don't work that way, and to me that is the issue.