The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Item Pickups In The Hud

TheNinjaxX

Hey. I've been thinking recently. The pickup text at the bottom of the screen is totally ticking me off. When walking over a hoard of pickups, you sometimes end up standing around for a huge amount of time while waiting for what was in that one resource packet you picked up to turn up in the 1-item-at-a-time feed. It just seems ridiculous to me. Heres what I was thinking: Some of you have probably played the game Battlefield 3. When ever you encounter multiple sources of points, the game pops them all up in a little feed so you can check what you did instantly, rather then popping up each source for 5 seconds each. Heres an image of what I mean. Note the blue text in the bottom middle part of the screen. 

http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Games/B/Battlefield%203/Everything%20Else/072211%20Preview/batt3prev%20%284%29--article_image.jpg

So instead of showing each individual credit/resource/ammo pickup for five seconds at a time, display multiple of them stacked on top of each other so players don't have to actively avoid new pickups inorder to figure out what they picked up. Cheers.

Edited by TheNinjaxX

I think this is a great idea, but one thing though. Wouldn't it be too distracting for a game where there are a lot of enemy's coming at you at once, rather than battlefield where ( in small/ mid-sized server) there are 2 or 3 enemy's coming at you.

It's more distracting staying in one place, not picking up anything, paying attention to the pickups to see what you got.