Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Fix For Developers Regretting Helmet Stats

Cutbait

So I was thinking about how you guys said that you regretted putting stats on the helmets, and you have the unique problem of what to do about the current helms with stats that are in the game. You cant just remove them and give us all statless versions of the helms because a lot of people paid for the helms with plat only for the stats. You also said that you liked some of the combinations that are created by the stats on the helm because they really do help the warframes. So I thought abut it a good deal this past week and had an idea that might allow you to take the stats off the helms but keep the stat tradeoffs previously provided by the helms in the game, and possibly allow you to add even more tradeoffs.

Long story short, simply add a different kind of mod card to the game, similar to aura mods. Have these new mods be warframe specific(only for rhino or only for volt)(also only effecting the one player not the team) and have them mimic the stat tradeoffs that are currently on the warframes helms. For example, if I have the Thrak Rhino helm in my inventory, write an update that would take that helm away, replace it with the statless version of the helm and deposit one of the new stat tradeoff cards into my inventory with the same tradeoff that was on the thrak helm (health up for speed down).

This will allow you to put a lot more kinds of stat cards in the game allowing for more player exploration into these stat tradeoffs. They could be given as rewards for alerts like the aura cards are currently and they could even possibly be modded up to be better, or increase the tradeoff rate. Sticking to the thrak helm example, More health for an even greater decrease in speed, this could help prevent some overpowering a little.

Hopefully you all get the idea because I need to go to class. Just an idea I had, I hope you think it's a good one.

What about calling them Specialization mods, because that's really what the tradeoff is doing. Also I think this would be really nice, because it could also add more variation, like Loki helm stats on an Excalibur for example (just pulling a random example I've no idea if that would even be a good combination)

Edited by Aeraxis

I had a similar idea (Was actually in the middle of writing the post before it dawned on me that someone might already have done a similar one), but instead of calling them mods, I was thinking of just calling them "Systems".

It makes sense in a way, you build the base systems of the frame when you first create it, so having interchangeable systems would fit.
Could even make it so that the helmets currently in the market simply give you both the Systems and the Helmet, with the blueprints being separate entities from alerts.

Edited by Phaedroth

• 2 weeks later...

I like that a lot, and with the recent change to the Sentinels+weapons combo, it could easily fit in.

However, I think you could make it even more simple. Simply get the helm AND stat card at the same time - you unlock both. Alerts stay the same, customization stays the same. So, just like you can switch out the Deth Rifle with the Shade, you can have a Reverb Helm with a Power Efficiency buff from the Chorus.