Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grenades

zikkim

I'd personally like some sort of explosive myself. So many times I've seen Grineer clustered together in a tight group and tried to throw a grenade - only to realise I don't actually have one...

The closest we can get is some suit abilities and the jump attacks at present. But yeah, in general I'd like to have explosives of some sort available. Be that grenades, a grenade launcher, or maybe even an RPG?

Or.........genius idea incoming:

Have the grenades marked (like you place waypoints. The orange marker) while it's in the air being thrown. Have them travel a little slower, but as it's flying towards us, we should be able to melee it back to the thrower and have it instantly explode.

TL;DR :

Grenade = baseball

Sword = bat

Grenade thrower = dead

And use her fireball? No thanks, I'd have better luck flinging a match at them

And the point is, I want to be able to throw an incendiary grenade when I'm playing Excalibur (for example). Or maybe EMP grenades against Cronus

Ember have other ability then just fireball.

Cronus is a sword not a faction, you mean Corpus.

350 damage + a AoE 50 damage per sec DoT is sucky vs infected?

Again giving incindiary or emp grenades to frames detracts from frame diversification as you're giving every frame access to the niche or theme of another frame.

So again I still say nah to adding grenades as a gear item or even a consumable that has to be bought. Just push to the devs to make an explosive based warframe that has tossing or using various explosives as it's niche or theme.

A power based approach would be a more meaningful argument if like, any of them at all had good AoEs that weren't point blank. I'm not asking for fireballs to wipe a room but when targets are standing in almost direct contact is it too much to ask for it to actually multihit?

Most 4th skills are AoE's with a large radius centered on the user. Every single one of Ember's skills has some sort of AoE burn damage effect.

Volt's 1 has a sort of AoE status effect.

What most people seem to want from adding grenades that keep pushing for them in these topics is spammable AoE damage attacks. Giving everyone access to AoE damage via grenades would damage the game as everyone would then just be running Loki's everywhere dropping grenades in enemy clusters.

Build a warframe centered around various degrees and types of AoE attacks you can balance it better by making it a heavy frame with rhino move speed. It's easier to implement due to not having to restructure things to add a new item slot. And you give people something else to work for.

The only other possible method I see would be a new long gun class of grenade launcher. Having it equipped in your loadout slows your move speed. Super low ammo capacity of 20 rounds. Clip size 1. Long reload time. Grenade ammo pickups do not exist. Same goes for + clip size and + max ammo mods. Grenades will not damage team mates however they will damage the user if fired point blank.

This forces you to pick your shots with it as your ammo is extremely limited. Plus you're trading off your rifle, shotgun, sniper to carry it meaning you'll be relying on your sidearm/pistol and melee weapon more.