Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe/ Weapon Mod Slots

Dionysius

Make warframe mod slots only be able to equip 4 mods that affect abilities ( streamline, focus, flow etc.) so we have a reason to use mods like equilibrium, warframe builds these days are too dependent of mods that affect your warframe skills. Same with weapons, only 4 or so mod slots that can have damage mods on them, excluding maybe crit chance. Builds would have more variety, not the same serration, split chamber, elementals etc. mods all the same time, on all the same weapons.

"Only able to equip 4 mods for abilities"

I hope you realize that'll change nothing, right?

And the simple solution to fixing the 1 track builds that are the most efficient isn't by straight up disallowing them, but making there be other good ways to be efficient without using them.

"Only able to equip 4 mods for abilities"

I hope you realize that'll change nothing, right?

And the simple solution to fixing the 1 track builds that are the most efficient isn't by straight up disallowing them, but making there be other good ways to be efficient without using them.

Only 4 mods that affect abilities, I meant to say. Oh wait, I already did say that, it was you who wasn't paying attention Edited by Dionysius

U do kno that that would only restrict more righ and not add variety.

No but really, what you're saying is "Builds are too similar, lets make them so that all builds can only do have these things and only these things here, that'll add more variety!"

Also, believe it or not, there are people that don't just spam four. 

Only 4 mods that affect abilities, I meant to say. Oh wait, I already did say that, it was you who wasn't paying attention

I read it, understood it, and responded to it.

It'll do nothing, I alone only use Streamline, Continuity, and Constitution on Loki for Invisibility spamming, and that's only 3, like I said, whether or not this would work, it isn't wise to piss off and downright nerf efficient builds.

Nice 50th post!

I read it, understood it, and responded to it.

It'll do nothing, I alone only use Streamline, Continuity, and Constitution on Loki for Invisibility spamming, and that's only 3, like I said, whether or not this would work, it isn't wise to &!$$ off and downright nerf efficient builds.

Nice 50th post!

well, just because you don't do it, which I respect, but most frame builds use skill mods, vitality or redirection maybe both, flow, continuity,stretch, streamline, focus, constitution and some other mods, probably not all due to limited spacing, for every frame.

Make warframe mod slots only be able to equip 4 mods that affect abilities ( streamline, focus, flow etc.) excluding maybe crit chance.

Dude make me know when powers can crit 'cause i didnt even know that they can and that theres a mod for crit chance for warframes...

I'd like to see you fighting a lv 200+ mob with a build like: heavy impact rush, quick rest, marathon, handspring and shock absorbers.

Dude make me know when powers can crit 'cause i didnt even know that they can and that theres a mod for crit chance for warframes...

Same with weapons, only 4 or so mod slots that can have damage mods on them, excluding maybe crit chance.

Anyway, you don't have to be forced to use other mods besides the generic four. You can make different builds that involve different mods, and maybe it will work out, but most people don't because they don't see any use in the other Warframe mods, such as the resistances. Forcing them to use these other mods would just make the players angry.

I tend to only use 2-3 abilities on a Warframe, and use only Continuity or Focus if it is very effective across all of them, or is a big deal in one particular skill I use. I have been trying to find ways to incorporate the more unpopular mods because I do see some uses in them.

As for weapons, I never have gone straight for all elemental/damage mods on all my guns either. I guess it depends on the person, but I still don't think forcing anyone to be limited on what they can and can't use would be a good solution. This game likes to let you customize to your will.

Look, I'm trying to say most people would prefer mods like stretch, rather than heavy impact.

I'd like to see you fighting a lv 200+ mob with a build like: heavy impact rush, quick rest, marathon, handspring and shock absorbers.

I never said powers can crit, read the post, god.

Well, of course people prefer mods like Stretch, Focus, all those ability-enhancing mods, over the other ones. People like the effectiveness of more damage or more range of damage, rather than small buffs to support you through a fight.

I saw what you were saying, and I was saying that forcing them (or "giving reason") to use the other mods by adding a limit, as you suggested, would probably only make people angry and limit the customization that this game supports. DE would probably have to go about another way to give better reason to use the unpopular mods that doesn't involve limiting, is all I am suggesting.

Edited by Aramet

So you want me to have to use useless mods, because they're there, and it offends you that I don't? That sounds like a great way to increase players happiness. "So you found all these mods that would improve your powers and you want to use them? Ha, no you can only use four of them, here's some random crap that you don't need and/or that don't give enough of a bonus to be worth using instead. Have fun."

I'm going to go with not just no, but hell no.

If you want to encourage people to use other mods, give them a bonus that competes with the ones people are already choosing.  I'm not going to give up Flow for 18% poison resistance, for example. But if you made it 75% I might think about it on infested missions. If you made ice and fire maps a daily node status, like nightmare, that people could plan ahead for we might actually use the fire resistance or warm coat mods, assuming you buffed them to a useful percentage at maxed rank. Etc. Heck, most of the higher rank players I know don't bother equipping Vitality because the cost outweighs something else that could be in the slot(I still think vitality mod should give a passive health regen that increases with rank). Seriously, make the unused mods useful and you'll increase build diversity, until then most of us are going to use mods that give us the greatest advantage for the cost of that mod slot. Of course, DE has said some of the mods are only intended for early players and don't and shouldn't have any application for more advanced players. So their basic design philosophy means build diversity is going to narrow towards end game, even if they buff some of the underused mods.

Edited by RedDirtTrooper

well, just because you don't do it, which I respect, but most frame builds use skill mods, vitality or redirection maybe both, flow, continuity,stretch, streamline, focus, constitution and some other mods, probably not all due to limited spacing, for every frame.

Vitality and redirection? Skill mods? Ahem, in which way these are skill mods?