Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability Icons.

ShockTart

this was a suggestion. when using an ability/buff like roar or overheat. i think a small icon should appear by the side or bottom of the map letting the player know that that skill is in use and it should dissapear when its timer runs out. it would just make things a tad easier by visual letting a player know when a buff's timer has run out.

Yea +1, would be helpful alongside skills such as rhino roar, sonar and many others, though it might clutter the HUD though, but who knows how it would look like if it was implemented.

I don't think that a small icon below the box on the upper right side would be too much clutter.  How many buffs could there be at once? 2 per frame would only be two small rows of 4 underneath that box.

We've been suggesting this since closed beta, but apparently the devs feel that overhauling the UI is less important than adding new shiny things to keep players interested.

1) That is a very valid decision on their part.  The UI is fine and has no inherent problems associated with it.  Adding little things like this doesn't make or break your gameplay.  If an ability is unusable and you attempt to use it what happens?  LIterally nothing.  You don't pause shooting, you don't stop moving, you just hit the button and everything keeps going as normal.

2) They are working on a UI overhaul, but things like that take time.

Then pay more attention to the associated animations.

But it also helps to know when your skill is ABOUT to end, such as the end of Smokescreen or Invisibility, so you can use some quick wit to escape suddenly and accordingly, and plan your gameplay around knowing when your ability will wear off.

But it also helps to know when your skill is ABOUT to end, such as the end of Smokescreen or Invisibility, so you can use some quick wit to escape suddenly and accordingly, and plan your gameplay around knowing when your ability will wear off.

I agree, but I don't think that it's more important than anything else DE had released.

I agree, but I don't think that it's more important than anything else DE had released.

We're not talking about a massive update here, just a little symbol to add to the convenience.

Nobody's asking for priority, just something we hope will come up.

I hate MMOs and all their taskbars and million icons and junk, but the idea of timed abilities being represented by icons... which in turn let you know how long the abilities have left... that would be a huge quality of life improvement.

I'm thinking of something funny to use as Rhino's Roar.