Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[UI suggestion] Option to show basic information around the crosshair

Genoidi

https://i.imgur.com/iEI7gDV.png

iEI7gDV.png

Shield+Health on the left, energy on the right, ability timers/numbers below the dots.

Just a quick mockup, the actual implementation would probably require moving the dots slightly more apart from each other to fit 3-digit numbers properly next to each other without making the font too small. The resource bars should probably be slightly wider. These resource bars would mean that the lines would no longer move around depending on if you're holding aim or not - If it feels required to change the aiming reticule somehow, changing the middle-dot to a cross while aiming could be a possibility.

As for the reason why: I generally don't like interfaces that force me to move my vision around the screen to check on information that I need to see all the time, and Warframe's interface isn't really optimal in this sense. I recently started playing more on Chroma, and since his Vex Armor should always be refreshed *before* it ends, it requires constant checking of the lower right corner - it feels bad to constantly look away from the action to check a timer. Simply showing the ability durations next to my crosshair would fix almost all issues I currently have with the UI.

Showing resource bars on the sides just came in mind while making mockup for the ability durations... but that would fix the rest of the issues I have with the UI. I feel like these resource bars don't need numbers next to them as their point is to just give a quick overlook of "oh I lost all my shields" and/or "I have about 50% energy left".

I also understand that not everyone likes this kind of a cramped UI, which is why it should be optional - and of course, enabling these should not remove the default UI elements. The options should be in multiple parts, resource bars as their own and ability timers as another option (ability numbers would require enabling the ability dots).

Edited by Genoidi
  • Like 2