Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pl Trading, Is It Out Yet Or Some Sort Of Gifting/trade System?

Ravin

Question

I remember sometime ago before I stopped playing Warframe that they would introduce PL trading, 'Soon'.

but I believe that was way back on Warframe Q and A 4 or 5...? Before Update 4 I believe. After that, I kinda got fed up with waiting.

Ive been sitting on a ton of PL because of my Grandmaster Account. Ive been wanting to give my friends colors for awhile because they cannot afford it, but after awhile of waiting, it never was implemented and we all ended up leaving after Dojo's were introduced.

I have been out of the loop for awhile, did some research on the Wiki, and have found nothing on the matter. So can someone fill me in on if they ever desire on adding PL trading or a gifting system, or is this another, 'Soon' moment?

Thanks.

Edited by Ravin

11 answers to this question

If you play through Steam can't you buy Steam Funds on their accounts (give them codes to redeem steam funds etc.)?

As of yet though, no trading Platinum nor items.

Not interested if I had bought a grandmaster account. Can't give PL away that way.

Cheers. Guess I am still waiting for their promise.

I think you'll find trading PLat will never be an option, I expect DE thinks it'll wreck the ingame economy, and I'm inclined to agree, in the same vein I doubt you'll be able to ever trade plat-only items, colours, helmets, etc.

The game has no Economy. You can't trade XD

I think he meant, 'It would be a had economy.'

The game has no Economy. You can't trade XD

I think he meant, 'It would be a had economy.'

It has an individual player economy, credits and the like. Bear in mind, creating an account is free, and every free account gets 50 free platinum. If you can trade platinum what's stopping you making hundreds of accounts and giving yourself thousands of free platinum?

It has an individual player economy, credits and the like. Bear in mind, creating an account is free, and every free account gets 50 free platinum. If you can trade platinum what's stopping you making hundreds of accounts and giving yourself thousands of free platinum?

Yes, and they stated if they implimented PL trading they would require a minimum cap to prevent PL trading with 50 or lower.

But this was a long time ago. Plus, if I remember correctly colors cost over 50 PL, So that wouldn't be an issue.

Edited by Ravin

*shrugs* I still don't think trading real-money items is a good idea and I think DE agrees. But hey, I could be wrong, we'll jsut have to wait and see.

Plus DE has stated that they really don't want people spamming chat with "WTS NEURODES! 100PLAT FOR 10000!" and stuff like that, so currency, or real currency items probably won't be an option.

Edited by MrGrae

*shrugs* I still don't think trading real-money items is a good idea and I think DE agrees. But hey, I could be wrong, we'll jsut have to wait and see.

Plus DE has stated that they really don't want people spamming chat with "WTS NEURODES! 100PLAT FOR 10000!" and stuff like that, so currency, or real currency items probably won't be an option.

Mhm. I would agree with that. Avoiding spam bots would be good.  But nothing would prevent them from allowing you to purchase an item with Platinum then trading it.

I don't even know how many doubles of blueprints I have had, and would love to give away for free. Even if they don't allow swapping of PL, allowing to gift or give those items away would be nice.

But I think its more of the farming aspect they would lose out of. being able to trade those items means people would be online less and farming less. Its not breaking the Economy so much as potientally game breaking. Screwing up their own market.

Which I would agree with, would be a concern.

Blueprints, maybe even prime weapon parts, possibly if we're lucky crafting mats too, thos I can get on board with, mods too,I just don't think anything you can only buy for plat should be traded, because then it's more or less they same as trading plat, you jsut tell the person you're trading with to buy the thing you want and trade for it, instead of just the flat currency.