Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game making my Switch lose power in docked mode?

(NSW)Lavi

Hey so I don't know where else to ask this..... I've been playing Warframe a lot ever since it came to Switch and twice now while the game is fully docked (I almost always play games docked) my Switch will have lost most of its battery life when I go to close the game later when I'm done. It's plugged in correctly, and will charge back up when I turn off the game and leave the Switch either alone on the main screen or put it in sleep mode. I was wondering if maybe Warframe is overheating it too badly or something? Too intensive? This is after long play sessions too. I've only ever had this problem with Warframe. I've played a lot of Splatoon2, Mario Odyssey and many other games for many hours at a time, but this problem only surfaced with this game.

I notice that the Switch gets a bit noisy in Cetus/Fortuna and pretty hot after a couple hours, as an intensive game normally does. I have it in a pretty vented area.

It was at 20% a couple minutes ago, and after turning warframe off and putting it in sleep mode it's at 50% now, so the dock is definitely charging correctly.

I still may see about sending the Switch in for repairs but I was curious if anyone else was having similar problems with just this game?